Trailers Plugin v1.3.0 (Play/Stream/DL for MovingPictures, My Films, My Videos..) [2020-02-23] (4 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    themoviedb.org now supports tvshow, season and episode trailers. I will start to look at adding support for that next, most likely only streaming at first, not sure there is much benefit for auto-download on tvseries.

I think this will be particularly useful when browsing the trakt plugin for tvshows/episodes. Im thinking it might also be neat to have the ability to play a trailer for the next episode from tvseries esp. if you don't have it yet in your collection.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it posible to make the plugin work in listview, coverflow etc.? :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You mean to have a GUI Window to browse what trailers you have downloaded?

Currently no such feature exists but may add something at a later date.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You mean to have a GUIWindow to browse what trailers you have downloaded?

No, i tried to add the Trailer button to hiddenmenu in listview. But it dosn't work.
    Code:
    <control Style="HiddenMenuItems">  
                        <description>Trailers</description>              
                        <id>11899</id>
                        <type>button</type>
                        <width>497</width>
                        <height>64</height>
                        <textXOff>58</textXOff>
                        <textYOff>14</textYOff>
                        <textureFocus>hiddenmenu_item_selected.png</textureFocus>
                        <textureNoFocus>-</textureNoFocus>
                        <label>#(L(5900))</label>                  
                        <onleft>50</onleft>
                        <onright>50</onright>
                        <onup>66613</onup>                   
                    </control>

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

No, i tried to add the Trailer button to hiddenmenu in listview. But it dosn't work.
    Probably because you're already using that button id in the same GUIWindow, try using button id 11900 instead:

https://github.com/damienhaynes/Trailers/wiki/Skin-Designers-Guide

Because some plugins like MovingPictures make their facade views and detail views in the same window you need to be careful how you design your skin buttons. If you implement more than one then ensure you have unique ids for proper navigation otherwise you need to use a single button which is in the same position for facade/detail views.

To better support this, I added a extra button id so you can use 11899 and/or 11900. I probably should of ditched button ids all together and use some other means like an id descriptor in the description element but never mind.

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Probably because you're already using that button id in the same GUIWindow, try using button id 11900 instead:

https://github.com/damienhaynes/Trailers/wiki/Skin-Designers-Guide

Because some plugins like MovingPictures make their facade views and detail views in the same window you need to be careful how you design your skin buttons. If you implement more than one then ensure you have unique ids for proper navigation otherwise you need to use a single button which is in the same position for facade/detail views.

To better support this, I added a extra button id so you can use 11899 and/or 11900. I probably should of ditched button ids all together and use some other means like an id descriptor in the description element but never mind.
    Thanks for your help, now it works (y)

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just installed the plugin. Great Job! One minor issue and one request.

The minor issue. The configuration windoes does not fit in a HD ready: the height of the windows is too much to fit in the video area and the diolog box style of the windows does not help in easily move it around the screen. using the magnifier of windows. My be a configuration windoes with different tabs may be the final solution.

The request. Is possible to receive the trailer in my own language? My wife and my dauther will be very happi. They are not confident with English language.

Thank you

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can understand any frustrations with the configuration dialog, I didnt want to focus too much effort initially on it as we also have a configuration for most settings available in the GUI if you have the Extensions plugin also installed. Having said that I will probably re-visit it later and improve it.

I'm currently updating the API methods used to retrieve trailers/videos from themoviedb.org, they just introduced a new video method which happens to support language. So there probably is support for that but it will depend on people updating the data online to point to youtube videos for other languages. I will most likely allow retrieving in own language and/or english...im just not sure how the API works for that yet.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release out v1.1.0:

Change Log
    • Added support for TV Show, Season and Episode trailers.
      • Skinners can now add the trailer button to MP-TVSeries Show, Season and Episode levels as well as all Trakt Show, Season and Episode Windows.
      • Settings added to change the manual search strings on YouTube.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.
    Just a reminder please help contribute youtube trailers to themoviedb.org especially for tv shows, seasons and episodes.

For the next release of the MP-TVSeries and Trakt plugins I will add support in the plugin context menus as well as update the play action to stream trailers when on a item not found locally.

As a test case you can test on the series "Game of Thrones", I have been adding trailers and featurettes (not complete yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom