Trakt Error? Check that trakt skin settings are correctly defined! (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I attempted to enter OnlineVideos plugin from the home screen and got a MePo freeze. Last thing in the MePo error log is from Trakt so maybe the problem was caused by the Trakt plugin?

Attached are logs immediately after killing MePo process manually. Is there something I am doing to cause this maybe?

Thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks like a combination of Skin and MediaPortal skin engine bug to me. It originates from Trakt but I don't think it's a bug in Trakt. What probably happened is that you left BasicHome to enter OnlineVideos but there was some race condition when the trakt plugin tried to get a reference to a control in BasicHome. Maybe this was just some extremely bad luck and only happened once for you or does it happen all the time?

The Skin defines what windows to load a Trakt dashboard on when you enter a window, this is done from your skin directory in Trakt.SkinSettings.xml. It lets Trakt know which window to load the dashboard in, this is not correctly defined for your skin. My guess is that it's trying to load it in BasicHome.xml but you don't have the required controls defined on it for Trakt (something which I imagine would be done by the Titan skin editor).

You could open the Trakt.SkinSettings.xml and look for anything like '<windows>35|87258</windows>', you want to remove '35' as that is the window (BasicHome) that it's complaining about: make it look like <windows>87258</windows>. Alternatively you can re-generate the BasicHome and include the trakt dashboard if that is possible.

You can also just disable trakt since you haven't specified any username/password anyway.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks for the detailed explaination. I'll check out those skin files. Just for info it's not Titan skin its Titanius. Strangely it was a kind of one off MePo freeze, it doesn't do it all the time.

I noticed the username password thing and was wondering why my client machine was not syncing watched flags. Went in and it was missing the password which explains that. Definitely don't want to uninstall :)

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would let Titanius skin author know that there is a reference to load the trakt dashboard in BasicHome if '35' is indeed referenced but there is no support for it on BasicHome.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi ltfearme. There is no reference exactly as you mentioned. Only:

Code:
    <trending>
    <facadetype>Filmstrip</facadetype>
    <facademaxitems>3</facademaxitems>
    <propertiesmaxitems>3</propertiesmaxitems>
    <shows>
    <windows>35</windows>
    </shows>
    <movies>
    <windows>35</windows>
    </movies>
    </trending>

Maybe this is what is upsetting it?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, that would be causing those debug messages in the Trakt log, they are harmless but for some reason it did affect you once.

I suggest removing the whole trending section if you dont have it on BasicHome (35) or figure out a way in your skin to make it appear and you could keep it.

Note: you probably have one for window 87258 defined, you can keep that and check that it works in the main Trakt window where you see a dashboard.

@powermarcel10, I believe you are the skin author for Titanius? Does it have support for a Trakt dashboard on BasicHome? If not I suggest the section above be removed to avoid those trakt debug/warnings in log.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey. I have another error in MePo log again :) This time seems related to receiving a follower request? Will be the one you sent around 22:00 in my logs.

PS: You really like SpongeBob? :p

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You sure do get a lot of errors, the one you are referring to is:

Code:
    [GetFollowReq] [ERROR] - Exception: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'MediaPortalApp'.
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
      at TraktPlugin.GUI.GUIUtils.ShowNotifyDialog(String heading, String text, String image, String buttonText, Int32 timeout)
      at TraktPlugin.TraktPlugin.<GUIWindowManager_OnActivateWindow>b__68(Object obj)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)  Message: Cannot access a disposed object.

Why that is happening for you I have no idea, does the Notify Dialog work in Titanius? I can't reproduce using StreamedMP but will do some more tests.

PS: You really like SpongeBob? :p
    heh, my son does :) The whole family shares the same account!

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Reading your latest message https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nd-a-bug-read-this.124712/page-2#post-1095312 I might be able to explain that exception.

You were probably shutting down MediaPortal at the time a Notify Dialog request was made in trakt (which may happen on first entry to BasicHome when you have any follower requests).

I will see what I can do to detect this and prevent it.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Actually I may of closed MePo at that point yes, not sure. The dialog does work, it popped up this morning on my client when I turned it on. Both machines run the same plugin and skin setup so I guess it would of worked on this one I'm pulling logs from :)

They are silent errors though, I don't think I ever notice anything in MePo - just happen to be looking in the logs more recently so thought I'd raise them :) maybe help make the plugin more robust!

Thanks for taking a look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom