Trakt / Follw.it or MP-TvSeries? (1 Viewer)

Olijames

Portal Member
November 17, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I was unsure about where to post this as I am unsure of where the actual problem lies.

I have recently watched a show which only has 6 episodes in it. This was done with some of the files watched in MediaPortal and the others in VLC. The ones that I watched through MP were tracked with Trakt and Follw.it and sent off to the websites.

I enjoyed this series so much that I decided to watch it again from the beginning and I went to click on Mark all episodes in this series as unwatched. This worked fine and all of the episodes showed up as unwatched. However... when I watched the first episode and it went back to the episode listings it showed a number of them as already been watched. This seems to happen everytime now. It doesnt seem to remember that I have said that all of the episodes are unwatched, I think that its downloading the watched information from the internet and updating my database.

Is this something I have done? Or an option that I need to change?

MP 1.1.2, MP-TvSeries (latest), XFactor Skin.

Many thanks.

Oliver.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,

I was unsure about where to post this as I am unsure of where the actual problem lies.

I have recently watched a show which only has 6 episodes in it. This was done with some of the files watched in MediaPortal and the others in VLC. The ones that I watched through MP were tracked with Trakt and Follw.it and sent off to the websites.

I enjoyed this series so much that I decided to watch it again from the beginning and I went to click on Mark all episodes in this series as unwatched. This worked fine and all of the episodes showed up as unwatched. However... when I watched the first episode and it went back to the episode listings it showed a number of them as already been watched. This seems to happen everytime now. It doesnt seem to remember that I have said that all of the episodes are unwatched, I think that its downloading the watched information from the internet and updating my database.

Is this something I have done? Or an option that I need to change?

MP 1.1.2, MP-TvSeries (latest), XFactor Skin.

Many thanks.

Oliver.

Once they are scrobbled at Trakt as watched, meaning you did not toggle watched status, but actually watched it and this got sent to Trakt, then you have to login to the Trakt website to clear the watched history. Otherwise next time the Trakt process plugin syncs the watched status, it will mark those unwatched episodes you toggled manually back as watched.

An easier solution is being worked on, but this requires Trakt developers to update their system as well, so for the time being (as far as I'm aware), you have to use the Trakt website as well to properly mark it as unwatched if you want to watch it again.

The benefit of the existing system is that you can have multiple computers, watch episode on one and the others will update automatically that the episode has been watched (that way if you watch an episode in the bedroom at night, you don't have to manually update the livingroom system the next day).

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

this works as expected with follw.it, but not with trakt,

please add a comment to this issue here i started @ trakt for this problem.

MeMeMe

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2010
    To the OP: I was frustrated by this too, and disabled trakt till it's fixed. As mastyman says, Follw.it works properly.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Trakt.tv API now supports unseen in the API:

When you call movie/unseen or show/episode/unseen, the items are cached on our side. Then you can call user/library/movies/unseen and user/library/shows/unseen to get those items back for exclusion. I also added a new property unseen (i.e. unseen:true) to the user/library/movies/all method.

This should give the trakt plugin enough information now for a complete solution i.e. you can keep your watched history online (watched, no. times watched etc) but still sync up clients as unseen if you toggle unwatched in GUI.

Will add support for this in the next version of plugin.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There are differences, but at the end of the day it really depends on what your after in the service. There is no harm in using both, try them both out and you be the judge ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom