Trakt to Couch Potato (1 Viewer)

Speedyyellow

August 30, 2011
Hi all,
I've only been using media portal for a month of so but I'm loving it so far. I was browsing through the trait add-on recommendations and thought how cool it would be if I could add the movies directly to my Couch Potato list. After a bit of googling I couldn't find anything out there to do this, so have made one myself.

Its a couple of python scripts that does the following:

Login to trakt.tv
Get movie watchlist
For each movie in the list
- Add the movie to couch potato
- Remove the movie from your trakt watch list

I've got it running as a scheduled task on windows and just add movies to my watchlist which then gets processed and added to couch potato every hour.

You can find the scripts here: Trakt to Couch Potato

Its my first attempt at python so it might not be perfect, but its working for me. :)

Technicolour

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Couch Potato is a completely open source program, I would recommend forking and adding this directly to couch potato ;) From there it's only a pull request away from being in the official version.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sounds cool, but I dont think removing from trakt watchlist after it downloads is useful. Watchlist is a special list which will remove automatically once watched...plus you no longer would benifit of easily watching stuff in your watchlist.

Probably better to create a custom list for this purpose, lets say 'My Wishlist' or similar.

Speedyyellow

August 30, 2011
    Ahh, I didn't realise you could set up your own lists. The trakt plugin doesn't let you add things to user lists though, so I'd lose that feature. The reason I decided to remove the items from the watch list was so they didn't get added to couch potato multiple times, I guess I could change this so that it checks to see if the movie in the watch list is in your catalogue already and only try and add it to couch potato if it isn't. I should also check how couch potato responds if you try and add the same movie twice, it might already handle duplicates which would mean I can remove the "smarts" from this script.

As for doing this in Couch Potato directly, I forked it on github and grabbed the code but I've not had chance to spend time figuring out how it all works yet.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The next version of Trakt plugin will have support for Custom User Lists...it's going to be cool ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom