Transcoder wrong/hardcoded path? (1 Viewer)

motey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

did a fresh install of MPExtended and Webmediaportal IIS Edition (0.5.3). I didnt use the default path (Did use: "C:\MPExtended\Service" & "C:\MPExtended\Webmediaportal"). When i tried to start a flashstream an error occured "Stream not found" or sth.
    In the Service Log is an Info saying: "INFO: ENCODER path C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\Streaming\vlc-2.0.2\MPExtended.Libraries.VLCWrapper.exe" just before the "ERROR: Encoding: Failed to start Transcoder" message.
    Then I copied "C:\MPExtended\Service" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service" and streaming worked again.
    Maybe its a bug/hardcoded path or i did sth. wrong with the installation.

Attachments

• streaming bug.zip
      157 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any chance you used to have it installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended directory?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, ok. It's caused by a bug in an old version which didn't properly cleanup after old installation, and left traces to the old installation directory. I'll see if I can make a new MPExtended version clean those up.

In the meantime, if you delete C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\StreamingProfiles.xml and restart the service, it should work even with a different installation path - no reinstallation needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom