Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I have a quick question - when I record a program ipimp transcodes it ok and places it into the ipimp transcoded folder (along with a jpg), but when I go into ipimp recorded programs, it states it's not transcoded and asks do I want to convert it?

Currently sat on the train - so will post logs later.

But any ideas what's up?

Thanks, :)

J.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Strange. Just checked the code and it checks to see if the mp4 file exists in the configured mp4 path and decides what menu options to display based on that.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Weird... :(

I will dig out the logs later.

Is there anywhere I can check the config to see that iPimp is looking in the correct location for the transcoded files? (I have updated tte location in the TVServer plugin)

Thanks,

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I had a quick look....

On MePo server's recorded folder, I have the following structure/file:

d:\Recorded TV\Watch +1\New Masterchef Australia 2010-11-01\New Masterchef Australia.ts

This is then transcoded into the following folder/file:

d:\iPimpTranscodedFiles\New Masterchef Australia.mp4

The two problems I have/see:

1) iPimp does not take into account multiple occurences of the same program (ie when I record the program each day) - MePo assigns different folders for each day, but iPimp transcoded files/folders doesn't? So MePo has:

d:\Recorded TV\Watch +1\New Masterchef Australia 2010-11-01\New Masterchef Australia.ts
    d:\Recorded TV\Watch +1\New Masterchef Australia 2010-11-02\New Masterchef Australia.ts
    d:\Recorded TV\Watch +1\New Masterchef Australia 2010-11-03\New Masterchef Australia.ts

But iPimp is just:

d:\iPimpTranscodedFiles\New Masterchef Australia.mp4

2) iPimp states the program is not transcoded - but there is an mp4 file?? Is it a folder/file structure issue?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Probably. Do you use Handbrake or FFMpeg for transcoding?

The next version of iPiMP will hopefully allow you to live stream the recording - so doing away with the need to transcode all your recordings to MP4 first.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I am using Handbrake (with the iPhone/iPad profile)

Sweet news about the next version....but the million dollar question... WHEN???? ;)

Thanks,

J.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    lol soooooooooooooooooooon I hope. I've finished most of the updates and managed to incorporate the latest SmoothStreaming module which is showing better results on my setup. It has also had an affect on the application stability though, the stop streaming / start new stream is showing some odd behaviour which i'm trying to pinpoint now (or at least when Mrs Cheezey stops watching the damned Apprentice!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom