Trouble playing various HD sources (1 Viewer)

sshaikh

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7 x64
CPU Type: Athlon 4850e
HDD: Western Digital
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: 780G
Video Card: o/b
Video Card Driver: ati CCC 9.4
Sound Card: o/b
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage DVB-s2
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: astra
HTPC Case: ??
Cooling: ??
Power Supply: ??
Remote: medion
TV: samsung
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Having trouble with some various HD sources. I'm not sure if these are related but:

1) m2ts files, ripped from blueray discs. I get video, but no audio - before playing a dialog saying "A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track type:" is displayed.

2) TS files, says "VC1 DD5.1" in filename. I get sound but no video.

3) BBC HD via My TV - I get sound but no video (the last scene from the previous SD channel shows statically).

4) ITV HD - I get nothing.

I have Haali installed, and have tried other h264 codecs too (AVIVO works well with MKV files). SD sattelite, AVIs and h264 MKVs all work wonderfully.

Are these related? If so, any idea how to diagnose and fix this?

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
I get the same message with some of my vc1 m2ts files but after i click ok it still plays... think it uses ffdshow for the sound... maybe try that?

sshaikh

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Thanks for the tip, but I'm using ffdshow for EVERYTHING to isolate this problem. I've read in another thread that there's an older tswriter which might work so I'll be trying that.

Just to be clear if I click okay on that dialog I go on to get video, just no sound.

sshaikh

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
No ideas?

I find this in my log:

2009-05-21 15:29:49.549236 [ERROR][MPMain]: failed:unable to add filter:ffdshow Video Decoder to graph
2009-05-21 15:29:49.550236 [ERROR][MPMain]: failed filter:ffdshow Video Decoder not found

That's without even running My TV - and it occurs even though I don't have ffdshow selected in any of the configs!

Just tried MPCVideoDecoder and still nothing. I don't think that this is a codec issue, I just can't seem to play anything HD except for MKVs. Is there some kind of TS splitter I'm supposed to have installed?

sshaikh

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Both BBC and ITV HD work in MCE! Unfortunately I think I'll have to stick to that for television viewing. A shame since I was hoping MP would be the one stop shop I was looking for :(

blythy

Portal Member
May 21, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am having the exact same error as your number 1. I have read a few threads with very similar problems. What I have found is that playing the .m2ts file in MPC-HC the file works fine no errors. The difference being that DirectVobSub is running, whereas using MediaPortal goes directly to the video renderer.

I have attached an image of what filters/splitters/codecs are used in each instance. MediaPortal is the bottom instance, while MPC-HC is the uppermost.

Attachments

• filters.JPG
    filters.JPG
    111.7 KB

sshaikh

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Thanks for that - installing and autoloading vsfilter gets rid of that dialog, but the other symptoms are still there: no sound in m2ts, no picture in ts, BBCITV/HD not working.

Graphedit/studio don't seem to work for me, even when analysing working video. I just get blank pages. Any ideas why? Might help with figuring out the rest?

blythy

Portal Member
May 21, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
To be honest finding other people's solutions is the limit of my knowledge. I am using CoreAVC however so you may want to try that as an alternative to ffdshow. I got stuttery playback on some 1080p .m2ts files even with a system that happily runs crysis at 1080 with all settings settings to high, when using ffdshow, but with CoreAVC my cpu is never above 10%.

Do your problem files work in an external player such as MPC-HC or VLC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom