Trying to add a channel. Help ? (1 Viewer)

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Im trying to add a TV Channel for me to watch but have got a little overwhelmed with all the options available and am not managing to progress.

I am in the UK, and am using a BlackGold BGT3595 TV card, using MediaPortal 1.2.2 on Windows 7 x86.

Here is a link to the website that contains tuning deails:
http://www.servustv.com/cs/Satellite?pagename=redbulltv/RBLayout&c=ST_Article&cid=1259271760045

And here is the tuning details from that page (translated by google to english)
ServusTV HD (for HD-capable satellite receiver):
Satellite: Astra 19.2 degrees East
Frequency: 11,303 GHz
Polarisation: Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 22.000
FEC: 2/3
Modulation: 8PSK
transmission: DVB S2- ASTRA HD: 4913 ServiceID VideoPID 3583 PCR = 3583 ServusTV SD: Satellite: Astra 19.2 degrees East Frequency: 12 663 GHz Polarization: Horizontal Symbol Rate: 22.000 FEC: 5/6 Astra SD: ServiceID: 13111 VideoPID 2110 PCR: 2110

This is how I currently have my TV Server card configured:
1.png

The reason I have both EuroBird AND Astra is because I originally set it up to use Astra, but after asking about on these forums I was told I should infact be using EuroBird - I just left Astra there.

So, after reading the Wiki a little, I tried using the "Advanced" options, to see if I could use that to find the channel, and just had Astra satellite enabled:
2.png

Im not 100% sure I have put the frequency in right, but I think it is correct.

This did not appear to find the channel, as going to the "TV Channels" / "All Channels" section and typing in "Serv" for ServusTV resulted in no results.

So, I thought maybe I need to try the "Add Channel" function, but this just totally confused me as I dont know what to put in some of the fields and the wiki doesnt really go into much detail.
4.png

As you can imagine, after mapping it to my TV card, and trying to "Preview" I got a "No signal" error message.

Can anyone give me some advise on what I need to do, as this is something I have very little experience with and I dont really know what else to try.

Thanks in advance.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    OK will get the obvious question out the way first. 19.2E satellites are not the normal UK ones (Sky and Freesat are on 28.2E). If you can get 19.2E then you do need a bigger dish and a separate LNB.

So do you have this?

If so I did notice that according to
    http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=Servus&Submit=Zap
    the channel may have moved in the last few days

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi JimmyBoy

So, after reading the Wiki a little, I tried using the "Advanced" options, to see if I could use that to find the channel, and just had Astra satellite enabled...
    Assuming that you have a universal LNB (which many people in Europe do), those settings seem correct to me.

This did not appear to find the channel, as going to the "TV Channels" / "All Channels" section and typing in "Serv" for ServusTV resulted in no results.
    Okay. Sometimes channels can have unexpected names but lets assume it is not in there for the moment.

So, I thought maybe I need to try the "Add Channel" function, but this just totally confused me as I dont know what to put in some of the fields and the wiki doesnt really go into much detail.
    Everything looks right there except the transport ID should be 1007 and the PMT PID should be 109. This is according to the details from King of Sat:

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php

As you can imagine, after mapping it to my TV card, and trying to "Preview" I got a "No signal" error message.
    The "no signal" message suggests that the channel is not available from that transponder or that your tuner is not able to receive that transponder.

When you did the scan, did the tuner lock on signal, or did it show the red no lock message?

mm

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    OK will get the obvious question out the way first. 19.2E satellites are not the normal UK ones (Sky and Freesat are on 28.2E). If you can get 19.2E then you do need a bigger dish and a separate LNB.

So do you have this?

As you can probably guess, I dont really know what im doing! lol, I can receive from Astra 19.2E - thats all I know. A seperate LNB - I dont even know what that means! :(

@mm1352000
    Using these settings :
    2.png

And then pressing the "Scan" button results in this:
    5.png

With regards to adding the channel, I have updated it like you said so it now reads:
    6.png

One thing I dont understand though is where did you get the "Transport ID should be 1007", I dont see that anywhere on the link you provided unless I am being blind. Also, should I be setting the Network ID and Channel accordingly? at the moment they are just random values, and also the DisEQc, I dont know what that should be ?

The above resulted in this dialog:
    7.png

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    One thing I dont understand though is where did you get the "Transport ID should be 1007", I dont see that anywhere on the link you provided unless I am being blind. Also, should I be setting the Network ID and Channel accordingly?

Typically I seen them after I posted, the Network ID being set to 1 is a complete fluke, I just put 1 in there for no real reason! lol

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    The other possibility I thought of, was that maybe the channel does not broadcast 24/7 and I might be trying to preview the channel when it is not broadcasting. I dont know how to know if the channel broadcast's 24/7.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Just check you have the channel mapped to the right tuner.
    I an assuming your setup is one tuner connected to the 19.2 LNB and the other connected to the 28.2 LNB? If do you need to be sure that Tyre channel is mapped to the 19.2 tuner (check the wiki for channel mapping)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    jameson_uk is going to be more clued up than me about the satellites over that part of the world, so at this point I defer to him. All I can say is that it looks like your scan was picking up the 11307 H transponder from 28.2e - otherwise there should not be 12 channels found. That does not explain why creating the channel returns a "no signal" error unless you mapped the channel to the other tuner...

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the help your giving me guys, I really appreciate it.

So, I thought I would just show you how I have things currently set (im bound to have something wrong)

TV Cards 4 and 5 in TV Server are the 2 DVB-S receivers on my Blackgold TV Card.

TV Card 4:
    9.png

TV Card 5:
    2.png

TV Mapping for TV Card 4 (Does not include my "Test Channel", as I was using TV Card 5 to add the channel)
    11.png

TV Mapping for Card 5 :
    8.png

And as shown previously, TV Card 5 is the card I was using to scan for the channel
    5.png

Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the absence of a better idea, I suggest scanning again on the other tuner (#4) with the parameters that you used previously. If that finds the same 12 channels then I suspect your dish may be pointed at 28.2e rather than 19.2e as jameson_uk thought. A quick glance at the channels in your screenshot seems to also confirm this guess - "Thane Direct" and "Sunrise TV" are only on 28.2, and not on 19.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom