Trying to add a channel. Help ? (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Card 4 should be either 19.2 or 28.2 not both (although not sure this makes a difference in the end).

Do you know which wire goes to which LNB?

Your setup should look like one tuner set to 19.2 and only channels on 19.2 mapped to this. Your other tuner should be set to 28.2 and only channels on 28.2 mapped to this.

It looks like you have a mix of both (which will cause other issues with tuning).

As above, easiest way is to pick a transponder and do an advanced scan, you can check the results against.
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php
    and
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php

which would prove which tuner is connected to which LNB. If they both pickup 28.2 then there is something wrong with the wiring....

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just looking back over the thread, I see that I missed that the manual "test channel" definition has two extra zeroes on the end of the frequency that shouldn't be there. The value should be 11303000 kHz...

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the help guys...

I must admit I am getting a little lost but im trying to stick at it.

Ive started from scratch, by that I mean I removed all the current TV channels and cleaned up the TV card settings.

So... this is what TV Card 4 looks like
    20.png

Doing a scan results in this
    21.png

With these channels
    22.png

Updated my "test channel" to correct the too many 0's as pointed out
    23.png

When I now do a "Preview" I get a different error to before, and it also takes longer for the error message to display (about 10 seconds until displayed)
    24.png

Now.... I am going to do exactly the same on TV Card 5 - I THINK this is what you guys meant

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    So I have just done the same on Card 5 which gave me exactly the same results as card 4

30.png

31.png

32.png

33.png

Did I follow your instructions correctly, or did I do anything wrong ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again JimmyBoy

Your testing confirms it - you seem to only have access to 28.2e. The channels that you found on both tuners are the ones from the 11307 H transponder. Probably not the news you wanted, so sorry about that.

In answer to your question - no that difference in frequency would have no effect. Most tuners can lock +/- 5 or 10 MHz, so 0.5 MHz out is "nothing".

mm

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    I still dont fully understand what ive done but am I right in saying that basically... even though I have it saying "Astra" it is picking up Eurobird.

If that's how it is, then that's how it is, it was worth a try at least! :D

Thanks again to both of you for your help - very grateful :D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I still dont fully understand what ive done but am I right in saying that basically... even though I have it saying "Astra" it is picking up Eurobird.

If that's how it is, then that's how it is, it was worth a try at least! :D

Thanks again to both of you for your help - very grateful :D
    Astra and Eurobird are the names of the companies rather than specific satellites.

Amongst others Eurobird transmits on 28.5E (which you can pickup with a standard Sky dish which points at Astra on 28.2)
    So both Eurobird and Astra are available on 28.2E.

Eurobird satellites are also in a number of different positions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurobird)
    Astra is also in a number of different positions with Astra 2A, 2B, 2D and 1N being at 28.2E (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astra_28.2°E)

The other satellite you are trying to pickup I think is also an Astra satellite but is at 19.2E (here you have Astra 1H, 1KR, 1L, 1M and 2C)

It is kind of similar to BBC One on Freeview. You can get Freeview all over the country but I get BBC One West Midlands at home but I can't get this whilst working away in London as there I get BBC One London. The only difference here is that instead of satellites you have transmitters (one being in Sutton Coldfield and the other in Crystal Palace)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom