Trying to get aMPDroid working with MP2 - remote connection could not be established (1 Viewer)

bitshift

December 29, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Im using MPExtended 0.5.4 with MP2. Then using aMPDroid on my Android device. After adding my client settings in the phone, I cant seem to connect the remote to MP as I get "remote connection couldnt be established". Ive gone through the related threads, but I think they are related to MP1 ?
Ive disabled my firewall on the pc running MP2 to see if that was it - nope, same thing
When in the client configuration, I can hit the button "request access to service" and I get a prompt on my MP2 pc, and it accepts it.

What do I need to check?

bitshift

December 29, 2015
Home Country
I see a few entries in the Log for MPExtended that mention WifiRemote couldnt be installed
WifiRemote: Failed to install; result NotExecuted

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    MPExtended is meant for connecting to MP1. In the MP2 environment this only can be used to connect a MP2 client to a MP1 TV Server... If you want to connect to MP2 you need MP2Extended. This is under heavy development at the moment. There are some testing versions out there, but the "final" version will need another month or two:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-mp2extended.132322/

bitshift

December 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you, I thought I might be going down the wrong fork of the creek :=)
    Im getting MP1 and give it a shot.

bitshift

December 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Have MP1 installed now with MPextended and WifiRemote and Bonjur. Still same issue - remote connection could not be established. Ill post over in the MP1 section

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom