trying to watch analog tv hangs to black screen (2 Viewers)

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
August 26, 2010
Jayhawk Nation
first off I wanted to open and say thank you for being so patient with me. I took a look at time shifting under the media portal config tool and it appears that the target folder does not exist. and the iptv source filter is selected.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem :)

The top dropdown/combo box field allows you to select the tuner for which you want to set the timeshifting path. It does not mean that the IPTV source filter timeshift path is actually selected or that the analog path is not set...
    What you need to do with each of your analog tuners is to:
    1. Select the tuner in the top field.
    2. Check that the timeshift path is specified. If it isn't, browse and select a folder for the timeshifting files to be put into.

The folder that you see/set is where the timeshifting files are put. They are *.ts files named like something like live9-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts. When you try and start a TV channel, one of these files will be created in the folder that you specify. You need to:

1. Attempt to start viewing an analog channel.
    2. Open windows explorer.
    3. Navigate to the timeshifting folder. You might have to enable viewing hidden files and folders if the folder is like c:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\... on XP or c:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\... for Vista or 7. Just google "enable view hidden files and folders" for instructions.
    4. Locate the timeshifting file. It should be the most recently created ts file in the folder.
    5. Attempt to play it. You will need an application that can play ts files like VLC.

Do that for each of your analog tuners and let me know how you get on...
    :)

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2010
    Jayhawk Nation
    both still played black screens. I was also able to find the location of where the .ts files are stored, I just kinda auto filled in the rest of the target without thinking I assumed program files when in fact it was program data.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, just to clarify:
    - the timeshifting files are created
    - when you play them they show as black. No video.

Two questions:
    1. What did you use to play them.
    2. Is there any sound?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Very unlikely for two reasons.
    1. You're not streaming, or at least you're not streaming when you attempt to start TV from TV configuration on the server.
    2. The timeshifting files play with black video and no audio.

Without getting too technical, I think the issues with your setup are related to the graphs. They will be tricky to solve but I have some ideas on where to start.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just in case someone else was following this thread...

The problem was that TV Server was using incompatible software encoders. We eventually managed to solve this problem by upgrading to MediaPortal 1.2.0a and prioritising the ATI encoders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom