.ts recording after wakeup blank screen but plays fine when played thru media player (1 Viewer)

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
April 14, 2007
TV-Server Version: 12-27-2007 01-37h Revision 16742
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 + 12-27-2007 01-37h Revision 16742
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: Vista 32
CPU Type: AMD X2 4600+
HDD: 2 x SATA 2 - 160GB, 500GB
Memory: 2 GB DDR2 Cosair Value Select
Motherboard: ASUS M2NE
Motherboard Chipset: Nvidia 570 Ultra
Motherboard Bios: 1202
Video Card: Nvidia 7600 GT
Video Card Driver: 163.75
Sound Card: Soundmax On Board
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.10.01.6110
1. TV Card: DVICO Dual Digital 4 / 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 3.63.01
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo Platinum
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia Purevideo Platinum
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD-160
Cooling: Case FANS
Power Supply: Thermaltake 450
Remote: Dvico Supplied
TV: Samsung Rear Pro CRT SP52Q7HRX
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI - 1920i

I have seen earlier posts where people were experiencing a blank screen when playing back a recording but if they play the recording using another player such as media player or something and not play it through mediaportal, the video plays fine?

I am having a similar issue but its only happening with .ts recordings which are made after the pc is woken up from sleep.

Normal recordings playback fine but the ones that are recorded after wakeup when played back through mediaportal are just blank, no video and no sound but the video timer keeps ticking as if its playing..

But if I play the recorded video through for example media player, the video plays fine!! Audio and Video.

I have tried playing with settings such as re-initializing the server after wakeup (tried enabling, disabling)

But still occurs..

Thought it could be a codec issue but then why do recordings made while PC is running work fine.

I thought maybe its an issue with scheduled recordings as so far have only tested recording using record now while MP is running. So I made an advanced recording and then just waited didnt put pc to sleep and at the right time, MP recorded the program as scheduled. Went to play back the recording and it worked fine.

So its not an issue with scheduling.. its just recordings made after wakeup in .ts is all.

Wierd.. at least I can still record to mpg or watch the recording made just cant do it through mediaportal but would like to know whats causing the issue as I had issues with recording to mpg before so would prefer to record to ts

EDIT:

Have just discovered something unusual. The issue is not occuring when recording free to air channels. I can record after wakeup and they play in MP fine.. However the free to air tuner only works when recording to TS and does not work when recording to mpg. The issue above was discovered when trying to record encrypted satellite channels

So here it is: For my DVB-S I have to set it to record to mpg which works when recording while MP or after waking up. If set to TS then it records blank when waking up

For my DVB-T I have to record to TS only, works when MP running, works when waking up. Does not work if try to record to mpg format. Recorded shows not able to played at all.

So maybe something to do with the cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom