TsReader - TV black screen and RTSP 'infinite loop' fixes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi folks,

This is a porting across to the 'master' version of TsReader.ax of several bug fixes which have been developed and tested in the experimental TsReader development thread.

TsReader.ax is used by MP when playing live or recorded TV.

They are fixes for Mantis issues 0003806: Black screen on TV start or channel change - MediaPortal Bugtracker and 0002914: When using RTSP, audio/video format change may cause video playback to hang in a loop - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Because the experimental branch code has now diverged significantly from the master branch, this version of the code needs proper testing before the fixes can be considered for inclusion into a future version of MP 1.2.x

The source for the individual fixes is at https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/BUG-3806-Black_screen_on_TV_start_or_channel_change and https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/BUG-2914-TsReader_fix_for_RTSP_loop_on_zap_problem

The merged code version is here - https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-TsReader_merged_2914_and_3806_bug_fixes

The RTSP 'infinite loop' fix basically works around the seeking accuracy problems by making it more intelligent about handling PAT changes, so it ignores (for a while) unexpected/out-of-sequence PAT updates on live TV channel changes.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: TsReader - Black Screen and RTSP fixes

Changelog:

Initial version - 0.4.17

2nd version - 0.4.17a - PAT change sequence checking now less restrictive to (hopefully) fix 4TR + RTSP slow zap problem.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: TsReader - Black Screen and RTSP fixes

Binaries attached - just close MP, unzip the file, make a backup copy of the original TsReader, then copy the new TsReader.ax into the MP program folder e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Please test and report back - the more testing it gets the better :)

If you find problems I need the log files please !

EDIT: v0_4_17a added.

Tony

Attachments

• TsReader_0_4_17_black_screen_and RTSP_fixes1.zip
      157.9 KB
    • TsReader_0_4_17a_black_screen_and RTSP_fixes2.zip
      157.9 KB

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TsReader - TV black screen and RTSP 'infinite loop' fixes

thanks for all your work Tony, but what is the intention behind this version?
    There is the Experimental TsReader Thread with much more things like separate reader thread... Sorry I'm a bit confused :(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: TsReader - TV black screen and RTSP 'infinite loop' fixes

thanks for all your work Tony, but what is the intention behind this version?
    There is the Experimental TsReader Thread with much more things like separate reader thread... Sorry I'm a bit confused :(

There are a lot more changes/fixes/new features in the experimental thread versions - too much to include in an MP 1.2.x release (updates to 1.2.x are meant to be bug fixes only).

The black screen problems are definitely bugs that need to be fixed (and the RTSP 'infinite loop' bug has been around for a long time), so having developed/proven the mods in the experimental versions, I want to get the fixes into the 'standard' version.

I'd like this version to get some testing before it goes into an MP release (just in case I've missed/broken something in the porting across - which is what happened with the TsReader.ax graph rebuilding mod in MP 1.2.2 :oops:)

Tony

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Tony

FYI no regression seen, as I did not suffer from original problems reported, tried with unc path and rtsp (one second slower seen start and channel changes).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Tony

FYI no regression seen, as I did not suffer from original problems reported, tried with unc path and rtsp (one second slower seen start and channel changes).

Thanks Ray :)

It's possible that sometimes startup might be slower - this version should parse the stream correctly, where the original version would sometimes pretend it had (and hence give up too early).

Tony

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Just reread my post, just so your clear it was the rtsp that was slower startup and channel change, must slow down and cut out the multi tasking when typing ;)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just reread my post, just so your clear it was the rtsp that was slower startup and channel change, must slow down and cut out the multi tasking when typing ;)

I don't think I've seen any logs from anyone running 4TR + RTSP, could you post some logs with a few channel changes for that combo - so I can check it's working correctly (the 4TR TV plugin behaves differently to the MP one) ?

Thanks,

Tony

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom