TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (1 Viewer)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i hope you guys figure it out, for me it's the most annoying bug. I have also the problem from time to time that one tuner is not available.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, i have temporary changed to mc2xmltv + WebEPG to check if it solve my problem, but i don't like this solution.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

As it is fairly reproducable, I'm more than willing to be a guinea pig for testing :)

It sounds like the problem you're talking about now is different to the one experienced by @igalan and @nimrodel50. For clarity, can you please (1) post full fresh log files showing the problem and (2) give us the steps that you use to reproduce the problem.

Steps to reproduce are easy: start tvservice and wait a long time...

Btw, tvservice wouldn't stop when clicking the stop service button in tvserverconfig.
    Had to kill/restart service, and guide is back again

Attachments

• TVService.zip
      679.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Damn, didn't check that one. Hopefully I remember this the next time...
    Sorry but the TVService log file by itself is not much good. When I said full log files I really did mean all log files, including TsWriter, SetupTv etc.
    In other words, please use the watchdog tool and the instructions for non-reproducible problems to grab existing log files:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal

Also, the date and time when you notice the problem would be really appreciated. The TV service log file that you provided is 80 000 lines long covering almost all of August. It is really hard to identify any problems in such a huge file.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here it is.

Yesterday (2013-09-01 19:42) I noticed that the guide was empty. As I get the guide a couple of days ahead, this means a couple of days ago the epg thread was stopped/blocked/...

Last attempt at getting epg was on 2013-08-27 14:32:41,804
    Last time epg entries were added: 2013-08-27 14:27:24

Is that enough info to get to the problem?

It is indeed a large file, but it took almost a month to manifest itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom