TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's why I kept quiet because I know it's on the roadmap somewhere :)
    Again thankyou for your work!

Would you post the binary and src of the standalone epg app here? Or ma it to me or whatever..
    I would like to have a look on it and try it :)

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So now I'm on my PC :p
    Earlier in the project I was quite heavily involved with testing. These days I don't have a lot of time to do that, but I'm still very happy when I'm able to help sbiddle by offering advice about things like DiSEqC, tuner compatibility etc.
    Hehe, I read the whole thread :) Maybe that could be the ground work for a plugin based epg grabber in the future (the src is already very modular and well separated as far as I can judge on this).
    I really like the hardware plugin idea and this for epg would be awesome. But getting off topic, just wanted to mention this :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks, now I'm using the right one I can give some useful feedback ;)

Actually, not much to report, it seems to work fine and hasn't introduced any Ch10000 or EPG problems. I do have two Film4, one on Ch15 and one on Ch791 but I had that before applying the patch, so there's probably just some wierdness going on with the transmitter.

I'm still confused by the lack of EPG log though.

Tallone

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I do have two Film4, one on Ch15 and one on Ch791 but I had that before applying the patch, so there's probably just some wierdness going on with the transmitter.

Yep. Film4 is moving between muxes so it appears twice. Once at C15 - the new channel - and once at C791 - the old channel, which will disappear at the end of the month.

Not exactly OT, but thought it might put your mind at rest.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In the interests of finally getting to the bottom of what is going on with that Canal Catala Spanish multiplex, I've spent the evening hacking our EPG parsing code into a standalone executable.

Is that standalone app also capable of loading the epg data directly from a tuner?
    If so, I also want that app to get to the bottom of some epg-issues. These are not MP related, but I suspect my provider to mess things up now and again.

I know, you've recommended a different tool a looong time ago, but despite your help then, I wasn't able to get that working

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is that standalone app also capable of loading the epg data directly from a tuner?
    If so, I also want that app to get to the bottom of some epg-issues. These are not MP related, but I suspect my provider to mess things up now and again.
    No, the app is not capable of loading EPG data, and it is also not capable of receiving the stream from a tuner. It is purely a debugging tool to use for checking dump files.

I know, you've recommended a different tool a looong time ago, but despite your help then, I wasn't able to get that working
    Well, I'm happy to try to assist you again. Just start another thread or send me a PM and we can go from there... :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Would you post the binary and src of the standalone epg app here? Or ma it to me or whatever..
    I would like to have a look on it and try it :)
    Attached. :)
    The binary is in the top level release folder, but it will be useless to you because it looks for a hard-coded file on my HDD. ;)
    To compile it you need some prerequisites such DirectShow (for base classes), Windows SDK etc. The environment variables are the same as the MP C++ environment variables were before we integrated the base classes into the repository. In other words, $(DSHOW_BASE) should point to your base classes location.

Attachments

• parser_test.zip
      2.8 MB

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks mm
    I will give it a try :)

I'm able to compile MP Directshow filters so I hopefully also can compile this :p

Edit:
    Build successful (y)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom