TSWriter deadlock potential fix. (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for all the help and advice guys. I've deleted the defunct channels and done a re-scan. I'll report back.
    48 hours and all tuners still working correctly......
    Great! ...and also rather interesting... :)
    At this point my working theory would be that repeatedly tuning non-receivable channels is part of the problem... but on the other hand, I don't see how that in itself would be a problem for the drivers. More to the point, I think it is likely that while you had those channels, TV Server was continually using the tuners either for recording/timeshifting or EPG grabbing. Now with those defunct channels removed TV Server can actually get to an idle state. So maybe what you were doing was effectively stress testing the tuners and the problems will eventually show again. I feel maybe we should inform TBS either way... but I'm not sure what to say to them as we have no evidence of where the fault is or even what the problem is...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Andrew

what is the situation today?
    The patch was included in MP 1.5 PR. I have not seen any further deadlock reports since that time.

If I am using 1.3 what I have to patch to prevent tswriter - dead-locks?
    AFAIK we did not release a patch for MP 1.3, so you need to upgrade to MP 1.5 PR or newer if you want this fix.

mm

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Andrew

what is the situation today?
    The patch was included in MP 1.5 PR. I have not seen any further deadlock reports since that time.

If I am using 1.3 what I have to patch to prevent tswriter - dead-locks?
    AFAIK we did not release a patch for MP 1.3, so you need to upgrade to MP 1.5 PR or newer if you want this fix.

mm

Hi mm,
    THX for that clear and quick response.

Have a great day!

Greetings
    Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom