TT-CT2-4400 Problems (1 Viewer)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi everyone :)

I recently bought this card: http://www.technotrend.eu/2990/TT-TVStick__CT2-4400.html and have some problems. Most of the time it works very good, fast changing channels time, good signal quality. But sometimes, after several change channels it doesn't work. In MP I receive an unknown error or bad signal message. Then I'm rebooting the system, during the shutdown the green LED on the usb-stick is ON (normally it's get OFF). After the system is up again the TV Service can't recognize it. The Tuner it's listed as unknown (see screenshot). To get the card again recognized properly I have to plug out, plug in the stick and restart the TV Service (see screenshot).
    The Tuner is configured as an hybrid tuner and I use it for DVB-T. I plan to switch to DVB-C when I buy some longer cable .
    Attached logs are when the unknown error occurred.
    My system is the NUC Core i3-4010U D34010WYKH. Running MP 1.9 on win7 x64 with the latest drivers.
    Does anyone have the card and runs it with MP? Maybe it's a BDA driver problem from TT, the stick is relatively new...
    Thanks for help in advance!
    tuner_ok.PNG tuner_unknown.PNG

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

It seems like the driver might have issues:

But sometimes, after several change channels it doesn't work. In MP I receive an unknown error or bad signal message.
    Yes, in the log files I see that you are able to use the tuner without problem for awhile.
    Then the problem starts when the tuner says it cannot receive signal:
    [2014-11-12 20:13:27,656] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal

After that you will see unknown errors due to this error which TV Server is receiving from the driver:
    [2014-11-12 20:14:19,871] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph returns: 0x8007001F

I suggest to:

Regards,
    mm

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Thanks mm for the quick replay and tips! I'll change the settings as you advised and will report back.
    But since you already suppose that the driver might be the reason for the problem, do you think that it can be somehow reported to TT? If I remember correctly the integrity of the Digital Devices tuners in MP was done in cooperation with the DD company and @morpheus_xx from MP team. As your current the TV-Server leader, have you perhaps contact to TechnoTrend and can report the issue? Or at least can you give me a tip how can I describe the problem to them?

Edit:
    Unfortunately your suggested tips didn't help. The Stick is also not overheating, it's only warm. Sometimes I see the tuner double in TV-Server (see screenshot). Do you think that I can send an E-mail to TT with a link to this thread? Could it be helpful for them in fixing the driver?
    tuner_double.PNG

Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi @mm1352000,
    I finally had the chance to test the DVB-C tuner, unfortunately the problem still occurs. I know you very busy and you have probably better things to do, than trying to find a solution for my problem ;)
    Just let me know if you not contacted TT and will try to contact them and report the issue with the driver.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I wonder if it could be a compatibility issue with USB 3.
    Are you able to try the tuner with another PC?
    What other USB devices do you have?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you think that this is relevant?
    Yes.

If you're thinking of reporting the problem to TechnoTrend then I expect you will also need to reproduce the problem in their software (TT-Viewer).

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    reproduce the problem in their software (TT-Viewer).
    yeah, that's what I'm afraid of... I used the tt-viewer shortly for a test scan, man this is bad design o_O I wonder if anyone who buys their tuners use it with the tt-viewer...

Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi @mm1352000
    I wanted to post an update about the currently situation.
    The NUC has an onboard USB 2.0 Controller, but to be able to connect the the tuner I had to buy two adapter cables:
    http://www.amazon.de/DELOCK-MBz-Delock-Adapter-USB/dp/B002IR602A
    http://www.amazon.de/InLine-33440M-Buchse-Pfostenanschluss-Adapterkabel/dp/B00DOX56JA
    With this adapters I was able to make a test on NUC with USB 2.0. Unfortunately the result of the test was the same as with USB 3.0. Due the long waiting for the adapters I had the chance to observe the behavior of the tuner. So far I was not able to reproduce the error with TT-Viewer. I think that the TT-Viewer operates different then MP. The green LED lights only when TT-Viewer is open, after closing it, the LED turns off. In MP from start on the LED is active, event when not watching TV. In MP the error mostly happen when switching form somewhere else to watching TV. Attached are logs where I was listening music and then pressing live TV button I received the error. For the test I completely disabled EPG grabbing because I thought that the EPG grabber was locking the tuner, but this is not the reason.
    Do you have maybe some Ideas how can I narrow the source of the error?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So far I was not able to reproduce the error with TT-Viewer. I think that the TT-Viewer operates different then MP.
    That's entirely possible... but since I can't tell how TT-Viewer works (no access to code etc.), I can't use this information to make the tuner work better in MP.

Do you have maybe some Ideas how can I narrow the source of the error?
    The source of the error is almost certainly the tuner hardware and/or driver as previously specified. I have 0.0001% doubt of this.
    Perhaps the tuner driver uses aggressive power management that requires alternative handling... though I don't know what that handling would be.
    In short, I think we already know the source of the error but I have no idea how to resolve it. I suggest you contact TT support and see if they can help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom