TT-CT2-4400 Problems (1 Viewer)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Thanks! I'm sure they (he) will answer tomorrow. I'm curious with what an excuse this time ;)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    This is sad… Maybe I could also send an e-mail? That they know we still are interested and waiting for they move.
    @Michael Walsh could send an e-mail too, so that TT would see there are more people with this problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm sorry to say that I still haven't received any reply.
    I'm wondering if a phone call would be better than emails. Do either of you live in a region where you could call TechnoTrend toll-free?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So I guess it's not a good idea to buy this tv-card to use with MediaPortal? Even if not using a NUC?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think you have to decide for yourself.

What I can say is that I never received the reply that I was waiting for. I assume aspik also never received the sample card that they promised to send. From their download page I can see that TT finally released a new driver for the 4400 on 27 June 2015. I have no idea if that driver would help to solve the problem raised here. If you believe the release notes (which refer to improvements for PLP functions) then it seems unlikely.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    mm is right, I never received a sample card. Plus, after sending couple of e-mails to TT and not becoming an answer, TT is lost for me. If they are showing such an "interest" to open source projects who are trying to support their products, then it's not worth the money (my opinion).

As an alternative, you can take a look at the new usb DVB-T2 tuners from Hauppauge: soloHD and dualHD. Even having the hvr-1975, I consider to buy one of them as a second tuner, because with Hauppauge I never had any problems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom