Tuner Mapping (1 Viewer)

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just a general question about mapping that despite a lot of reading, still don't really understand how it works. I am in the UK and have 4 Freeview tuners plus 2 sat cards picking up channels from Sky and Freesat. The question is, supposing I am recording with all four Freeview tuners and I want to do a futher recording of say BBC1. Now this is channel 1 on Freesat and my epg, but is channel 101 on both Sky and Freesat. What I do not understand is how the software would know to switch to 101 on a sat card, and indeed wheather to use Sky or Freesat. Maybe I am missing something here, but any enlightenment would be most gratefully accepted.

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
Isn't this why you have the Combinination option in TV Server so you can effectively tell tv service that BBC 1 is available on Freeview and Sat.

Hence depending on your priority of cards it will select a card to record from (e.g. if all your DVBT tuners are in use then it'll use the DVBS card instead but you are still recording BBC1)

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Its a while since I used MP but thats kind of what I thought. Only trouble is It appears to do nothing, if I click on a channel in the left hand pane, it gives me percentages on the other side. Problem is you do not seem to be able select both sides to combine them, just one side or the other, not really sure if it has done anything or not. Also should the epg box be checked. I also noticed that unlike earlier versions you do not seem to be able to move channel positions so they reflect through to the epg. Furthermore also in previous versions you could drag a box round blocks of channels and move or delete them, seems like you have to do them one at once now. It would be a nice feature to be able to sit down and change channel numbers with the remote, like in MCE. Still great prog though, many thanks for your reply.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
From your reply i read that you have not been able to get channel combining to work?

What you should do:

Select the channel you want to keep in your guide and combine with another channel. (BBC1 freeview)
On the right you get the screen with the percentages.
Select the channel you wish to combine with it (BBC1 on sat) and press combine.

What this will do:
It will add the SAT tuningdetails to the channel you selected on the left (BBC1 freeview)
and it will delete the channel you selected on the right (BBC1 sat).

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the reply. Thats pretty much what I have been doing, no real indication that it has done anything though, maybe it has?. Just got back to playing around with MP after using Win7MC for a while, wife was giving me ear ache about missed recording and locking up on MP. MCE is reliable and easy to set up, but boring and not very configurable. Nice to see MP is getting rather better, only froze up on me 2-3 times over the weekend. Good work guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom