Tuner stays on after TV stream is stopped (1 Viewer)

Kent Choy

September 4, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi I am having a problem where the TV Tuner will not stop being active after it has started.
  • It stays on after I press stop in the Media Portal client
  • It stays on after a scheduled recording has stopped
This of course causes problems as I run out of tuners eventually and causes my tuners to continually run eating up network bandwidth and constant heat on the tuner.

I am running Media Portal 1.12.0 Final on Windows 10 Home x64.
The tuner is an HDHomerun Prime cable card tuner (3 tuners). The HDHomerun software/firmware installed is 20150826.

Is there a simple setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Kent :)

A few people have reported similar problems over the years. You'll find these reports if you search the forum.

Do you run firewalls?
    If you disable them, do the tuners get released properly?
    If so, your firewall configuration needs to be tweaked to resolve the problem. If I recall correctly, the relevant settings may be related to ICMP.

Regards,
    mm

Kent Choy

September 4, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you so much for the quick response! Let me see what I can find. Searching for ICMP led me to the threads I think you are referring to. I will give that a shot. I wasn't quite sure what keywords to use for my problem

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great. :)
    Don't hesitate to say something if those threads don't help or if you have any further questions. It is easy to waste a lot of time trying to resolve such problems alone, and we're here to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom