Turn Visualisation on/off in Now Playing within MP (1 Viewer)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
how about using the visualisations as a screen saver, can this be done?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    would require development and some visualisation, esp. Winamp and some WMP vis, require music running to work properly

demomanTNA

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Speaking of this... I can't for the life of me figure out why Milkdrop won't go full screen with my Harmony (using MCE) yet if I press X on my keyboard it does? Everything is set to default mappings on MP itself. Any ideas?

demomanTNA

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fixed. Somehow my Harmony had a strange mapping going on when it came to the red button.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Vis in Overlays in Blue3

First of all, there is no way to turn Visualisation on/off from within MP.

BUT, you can set in Configuration, that in Now Playing youdon't want to hve te Visualisatin displayed.
    And if you want to see a vis, just go Full screen.

In my opinion, it does't make senseanyhow, to have the Vis displyed in theOverlay windows

Although I agree with you about not having Vis in the Overlay window, there is a reason this is the default in Blue3. I tried to take it off and just have the music logo which makes more sense. But when I do then any window in which Vis is displayed like the MyTV window (or Now Playing if it has Vis turned on) or TV Preview, will leave the Vis on the screen, no matter what window you navigate to (until you hit a window that resets its position or conditionally turns off media playing.) Even if you play TV, and then play music, the Vis ill appear in the last window that allowed media to play.

So having it in the music overlay is essential to move the Vis to a correct position and not have it overlaying data on other screens.

Any ideas how we could improve this?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    x = remote red button, so if in any music screen, pressing x\red button will take you to fullscreen visualisations.

is it possible to get to now playing or the playlist screen instead of the fullscreen visualisation if i press the red button? tried to get this done but i had no luck at all...

check mediaportal directly find the now playing xml file check the window id
    use shortcut'er plugin to make a keyboard shortcut mapped to the window id
    map the keyboard shortcut to a button on your remote

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    PS skin id's for Now Playing/My Music Playlist are 500 and 510 (PS Maybe wrong way around, might be 510 and 500 i forget)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom