Turning TV off results in slugish GUI. (1 Viewer)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi!

I am running :
    MediaPortal-svn--04-08-2007--01-00-Rev13906.exe
    tvengine3-04-08-2007--01-22h--Rev13906.zip
    using multiseat and singleseat.

When I initially start the MP client the GUI responds nice and fast when using both keyboard and my ATI remote.
    This is when seen when scrolling through the myvideos list etc.

If I start a remote channel and keep it tuned and then switch to myvideos view or any other view then the GUI is also fast and responsive as it should be.

But.....if I turn off the TV in the myTV section and then switch to myvideos then scrolling through the video list by keyboard or remote control is very sluggish.
    If I hit "arrow down" in order to scroll the list then it will take 5-10 seconds before it is carried out.

The known workarounds for me are:
    1) I often have to restart MP in order to regain proper control once again. alt-f4-
    2) Instead of restarting MP I can just enter the MyTV view and the select any channel, then the sluggishness is gone.

The same thing happens when I resume the client from a situation where I was previously watching a channel when I hibernated MP.
    The same workarounds apply here.

This all happens when running multiseat clients.
    I have been experiencing this for quite some time now.

When I run singleseat the problem is not nearly as evident as in multiseat mode described above.
    Although when I have turned off a random TV channel in singleseat mode then when I do a continuous scrolling through the myvideos list I can observe a slight pause in the scrolling, although not enuff to complain about. The pause was not there before I turned off the TV.
    Again in singleseat mode the problem is not worth writing home about. It was more to prove that something is happening when turning off TV.

Anyone else with this problem ?

:D
    /Gibman

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Did some further checking up.
    This time I carefully monitored the CPU usage through task manager on the "mediaportal.exe" process.

And yes, it climbs up to 100% - this is what causes the GUI to be very unresponsive.

If I run MP in windowed mode and then puts focus on another app. like taskmanager etc. then the CPU hits 0. If I put focus back to MP then 100%.

/Gibman

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Also attach mediaportal.log when this happens & your system specifications.

Regards
    Roy

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I finally got around to try and lowering my MAXfps value from 99 to like 50.
    And this fixed the problem I was having.

I think I altered this value to 99 sometime ago when reading a optimization guide for MP....arghghghghghghgh.

<section name="screen">
    <entry name="maxguifps">50</entry>
    </section>

So when using obscene high maxfps values u might get the problems that I was having.

Case closed.

/Gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom