TV and TBS 6981 Twin Card (1 Viewer)

EichII

Portal Member
October 5, 2012
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi, I just started to build my own HTPC based on an "old" i3 and Terratek DH 202. I would like to use media portal for flexibility reasons, the combination with the 7" looks great with MD++.

Unfortunately, I have an issue with the TV receiver.
The card is a DVB S2 Twin card (only 1 used at the moment), TBS 6981.

Once I switch on the TV function, the quality is really poor, sometimes not even the TV screen is visible.

The card has been setup with the TV configuration tool, everything worked well including scan.

Windows media center works perfectly with this card, but I would prefer to use Media Portal!.

Thanks in advance for your help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Eichll :)

Would you mind posting log files so that we can analyse the problem.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Please follow the instructions for reproducible problems.
    Basically use the debug tool to open MP, then start TV and change channels a couple of times. After that, close MP and post the zip file that is generated for you.

Cheers,
    mm
    :)

EichII

Portal Member
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi mm,

Thanks for your kind (and prompt) reply, highly appreciated!
    Now I found the time to run the debug mode and attach the log file here.
    Sorry, I am new to mediaportal, so I believe it is some stupid mistake....

Thanks in advance for checking.

By the way, I checked the TV signal with a standalone Topfield DVB-S2, where it worked.
    That does not necessarily mean that it should be OK for the PC card as well, but it is an indication.

cheers,

Peter

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Peter

So if I have interpreted the log files correctly, you attempted to tune ZDF HD... and nothing happened.
    Is that correct?

mm

EichII

Portal Member
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi mm,

Yes, yesterday I had another trial, checked with several programs both in SD and HD, unfortunately it does not work.
    Switched to Windows Media Center - no problem to display both SD and HD.

The overall signal strength in my setup is not ideal, however, ´for Topfield standalone receiver and
    Windows media center it is enough...

The thing is I do not want to use Windows media center.... ;-)

I will continously try and change some settings.

By the way, the same issue occurs already in the preview window of the TV server configuration.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Peter

EichII

Portal Member
    October 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Schicksal,

thanks for your kind reply, I also checked the other thread related to TBS 6981 and changed the driver according to your suggestion.
    Still, it does not work. Vielleicht Schicksal... ;-)
    As a matter of fact I improved the signal strength by some means, now the TV quality running TBS tools and Windows Media Center are
    EXCELLENT, mp does not work. EPG is now OK, but not a single TV channel launching. Black screen, screen freeze, thats it.

Is there anybody who has a working configuration with a different twin S2 card?
    I mean the other option is that I sell the TBS on ebay and buy a different one for media portal.

Thanks again for your kind help.

Cheers,

Peter

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Is this the answer to my question?

If so, you are encountering a known issue with the EPG grabber prevening tuners from being used. I'm calling it TsWriter deadlock. You will need to restart your machine and disable the idle EPG grabber (in the DVB EPG section of TV Server configuration) in order for the tuner to start working again in MP.

[Edit: to be clear, there is nothing wrong with your tuner - this is a TV Server bug]

mm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom