TV = Black & White (1 Viewer)

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
I had trouble with the newer NVIDIA drivers on my card that set the Saturation level to 0 on TV out and this caused black & white. Not sure what sort of card your laptop has but just a thought.

Q

Quint

My laptop has a GF5200FX Go. But I still suspect that the cable is the problem. I'm going to order some other cables this week and I'm going to try it with another pc too and see what happens.

xmcnuggetx

February 24, 2005
Had the problem with my card (nvideo geforce FX 5200) hooked up (SVIDEO out then used a converter to get to rca). Plugged directly into the tv and had black and white. With the video driver there was a tv out setting... simply went in there reselected the items that were already selected, ok'ed out and magically the color was there. Weird.

P

pakighunda

black and white screen

I have troubleshooted this problem before with Nvidia cards. You have to go to the Device settings of your tv in the video options and turn the saturation up. Also have your output set to svideo.

Z

zubel

I have a Dell laptop (Inspiron 8600 with GF5200FX) with a specific 7 pins s-video out connector.

7-pins s-video contains the RGB-signals. That is not a standard s-video (4 pins only). Try to set the output type to s-video in the Nvidia tools.

Edward

April 4, 2006
color mapping might be wrong.

Hi, you can try Sandberg s-video colorfix (or any other product offering the same fix). This is a cable exention which corrects the B/W issue for you - if you are running the correct driver for your card etc.

Ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom