TV can't tune - 2 different cards (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Callifo said:
    Wish we could host it somewhere, perhaps its worth trying xpmediacentre.com.au
    Yes, that would be an excellent idea.

This "patch" has made a huge difference to my DVB-T usage - channel changes are almost instantaneous with no hiccups in the sound, I can watch and record at the same time, I can overlap recordings, etc, etc, without any lockups at all......its wonderful!

I think that everyone who is using DVB with MP RC2 on Windows XP should apply this patch, whether they have one or many DVB cards.

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    Ok - I'm looking forward to trying the 'patch' :)

The Leadtek card (LR6650 variant) is pretty good - the WinFast bundled software is pretty impressive compared to the Compro stuff - not that its going to get used as I have MP! But one thing the bundled software does demonstrate is this cards potential for fast channel changing and fast tuning. I don't however see this reflected in MP :(

I have a customised dvbt.xml with just my transmitters freqs (Mendip UK). This speeds up MPs tuning a little! I checked the final freqs and it seems all is ok.

I noticed that the checkboxes for 'use for recording','use for viewing' didn't seem to work (I did try to 'disable' one or other of the cards using these options). As an aside, I wondered how the priorities are used - is it for any request - i.e. for viewing or recording? - I was hoping to prioritise the Compro for recording and the Leadtek for viewing on the basis that the Leadtek's potentially faster channel switching would be user friendly.

Thanks again,
    BigJ.

loonytunes1234

January 2, 2006
    Hi, i am still trying to get my dual blackgolds working together with mp, and also i have powercinema 4.0, this recognises that there is a gdi 1 and 2, but it also will not use both (just as a comparison to show that it might not be an MP specific problem)

I have now done a dual boot with a clean install of xp sp2 and would love to be able to try 2 tuners in xp where can i lay my hands on the patched files, or can i just copy files from my mce install? if so which files??

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    bigj said:
    I don't however see this reflected in MP :(
    I think you will see an improvement when you apply "the patch".... :)

bigj said:
    I wondered how the priorities are used - is it for any request - i.e. for viewing or recording?
    Yes, from my experience, it is for any request - for example, if card1 has the higher priority, then it will always be used first for the very first viewing or recording request. It doesn't appear that the other settings (for viewing and recording) are implemented... :(

bigj said:
    I was hoping to prioritise the Compro for recording and the Leadtek for viewing on the basis that the Leadtek's potentially faster channel switching would be user friendly..
    I think you will find that using the BDA drivers, that the channel change times will be the same for both cards.

Cheers,

Taipan

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    loonytunes1234 said:
    can i just copy files from my mce install? if so which files??
    Its not quite as simple as just copying the new files from MCE to XP. You have to put the new files in a different folder (MediaPortal, for example), unregister the XP files (which are in windows\system32) and then register the new MCE files. The Radlight Filter Manager is a good tool to use for this unregistering/registering process.

The files are mpeg2data.ax & PsisDecd.dll - both files should be version 6.5.2710.2732, which I think are in RU2 of MCE?

Cheers,

Taipan

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Nemulate said:
    Can no one point us to this 'mysterious' patch? :wink: Please?

Callifo said:
    There is a problem which has been discovered with windows XP, which actualy breaks dvb for 2+ cards. Theres a fix but we cant distribute it because they are windows MCE files. Give me a PM and we will try it

try this...

As for the options for "use for recording/ watching" I think these are similar to priorities. A long time ago (when I had issues with dual tuners) I tried removing both ticks from one card. MP still used that card, but only as a last resort when the others were in use.
    If this is still the case, then set the conpro for record only and the Leadtech for viewing only (or whichever way you want it).
    Can't hurt to try it out, anyway.

sciutand

Portal Member
    February 4, 2005
    Hi,

I always had problems ith MP and my dual Blackgold gdi dvb-t tuner, never managed to record and watch at the same time for more than few minutes without crashes.
    But now....after
    1) applying the famous patch
    2) giving different priorities to my cards
    MP is stable as ever really impressed.
    Not sure wich one of the two fixed my problem but it's worth a ago.

AS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom