TV-card data gets replicated in TV server (USB / DVB-T) (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Wow. This sounds like a major problem. Having to map the channels to a new active tuner and delete the old one every time you resume from standby. :eek: No thanks!

I use a PCI card (Nova-T 500) which actually presents as a USB device to Windows and never experienced this problem, but I was going to advise a friend to get a USB stick and now I think perhaps that's not such a good idea.

But surely lots of MP users use USB sticks don't they?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV-card data gets replicated in TV server (USB / DVB-T)

Jep.. I got a TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD.
    Works like a charm here!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And me too. ;)

doveman: This is an OS or hardware problem. If everyone with USB tuners had this problem then we would have a riot on our hands.

HACH: I'm *truly* sorry but MediaPortal is not the cause of this problem and working around it would be difficult if not impossible (impossible in an environment with multiple identical USB tuners behaving like this). You can continue to try things like updating your motherboard BIOS, doing all your Windows updates, ensuring you're using the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset and USB devices.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Phew, thanks for clearing that up guys. Sorry for the panic attack ;)

I'll definitely look on the forum for recommended USB sticks before choosing one, to minimise the chance of any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom