[confirm] TV channel changing up/down with MCE remote is buggy in MP2 Snapshot 2016-01-01 and MP 1.13.0 (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had problems with the logifle generation for MP1 by Watchdog for quite a while. It would always hang up after a message that some tv_server_gentle_config was already there. Today I deleted the whole content of the temp folder this file was in and then Watchdog would generate logs. Here they are.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had problems with the logifle generation for MP1 by Watchdog for quite a while. It would always hang up after a message that some tv_server_gentle_config was already there. Today I deleted the whole content of the temp folder this file was in and then Watchdog would generate logs. Here they are.
    Do you still have that problem on default skin without plugins?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I started Watchdog with default skin and without plugins to generate thosee logs above. Still the same problem.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great that you found the solution. What about the problem with the channel up/down change command which worked with the Microsoft MCE Remote and Keyboard up to and including MP 1.12 and after upgrading to 1.13 it started to not working anymore?

Cheers

Gremlin

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great that you found the solution. What about the problem with the channel up/down change command which worked with the Microsoft MCE Remote and Keyboard up to and including MP 1.12 and after upgrading to 1.13 it started to not working anymore?

Cheers

Gremlin
    No clue on that one cause your remote is working just fine so MP should work just fine too. You also mentioned that MP2 has the same issue which does not make sense. So possibly a side effect from some other software on your PC which decides to repeat those events for whatever reason. Could you try on another PC possibly with a fresh install of Windows?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, I can not try on another PC, sorry.

It worked on both PC with MP 1.12. After the update to MP 1.13 it did not work anymore. No other software installed before or after the update. It must have to do with the change from MCE to HID device in MP. These configurations have been running flawlessly with MP under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 since 2011 and now out of a sudden it doesn't work anymore.

Cheers

Blue Max

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, with today's Weekly MP2 Snapshot 2016-01-16 the channel Up/down is working flawlessly for MP2.

This one from the changelog

MCE remote support:
    • Fixed duplicated "next" / "previous" key handling
    • Reduced logging to log unmapped keys only once

surely fixed it.

Please, any chance you could have a look at the MP1 code if there is similar a problem there?

That would much be appreciated.

Cheers

Blue Max

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, with today's Weekly MP2 Snapshot 2016-01-16 the channel Up/down is working flawlessly for MP2.

This one from the changelog

MCE remote support:
    • Fixed duplicated "next" / "previous" key handling
    • Reduced logging to log unmapped keys only once

surely fixed it.

Please, any chance you could have a look at the MP1 code if there is similar a problem there?

That would much be appreciated.

Cheers

Blue Max

The OS is handling those next/previous keys and somehow changing channels?
    That is weird.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    surely fixed it.
    I don't think that this is the cause, as it affects only MCE "previous" and "next" buttons, while "channel up/down" is mapped to "page up/down".

But anyway, it's good that it is working now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom