[solved] TV Channel Scan Missing Channels (1 Viewer)

srthimsen

Portal Member
February 7, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
New user here, just switched over from NextPVR as my TV server backend due to basic streaming and channel change issues.

After getting the TV server set up, scanning for channels, getting the Schedules Direct plugin working, and watching TV in Kodi, I realized that I wasn't pulling in the same channels as I did previously with NextPVR.

I'm in the US, using a roof mounted antenna to pull in digital terrestrial channels. I'm able to get all the channels I care about, except for one, which is KGPXDT (Ion, 34.1) on physical RF channel 34. I had no issues pulling this channel in with NextPVR, so I'm confused on the reason.

EDIT: I also just noticed that one of the channels is basically unwatchable as well (not sure which log to upload to show that??).

I've uploaded the TVService.log from the most recent scan I just did.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

I'm able to get all the channels I care about, except for one, which is KGPXDT (Ion, 34.1) on physical RF channel 34.
    The log file shows that your tuner didn't lock onto signal at RF 34:
    [2017-02-07 17:05:29,431] [Log ] [26 ] [INFO ] - atsc:Tune:ATSC:tv: Freq:-1 ONID:-1 TSID:-1 SID:-1 PMT:0xFFFFFFFF FTA:False LCN:10000 phys:34 maj:-1 min:-1 mod:Mod8Vsb
    [2017-02-07 17:05:36,456] [Log ] [26 ] [INFO ] - dvb: LockInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal

From a TV Server perspective there's not much more that can be said about such a problem. If the tuner reports "no signal", it's a tuner issue and not a TV Server issue. We can only suggest you check your aerial/antenna and wiring. Keep in mind that signal can be too weak or too strong. Note I'm assuming that you're 100% confident that the channel is on RF/physical channel 34.

I also just noticed that one of the channels is basically unwatchable as well (not sure which log to upload to show that??).
    We'd need TVService and TsWriter log files (and of course you'll also need to tell us the name of the channel). Note once again that this isn't necessarily a TV Server problem. It could be a tuner problem, or a playback issue on the KODI side.

srthimsen

Portal Member
    February 7, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the reply - greatly appreciated, and it triggered a thought...

As a part of additional troubleshooting, I reinstalled NPVR and found that I was having the same issue there! Amazingly, it appears I had an antenna failure around the time that I switched (I have a feeling that was causing the issues I mentioned before - although the missing channels were still watchable previously). Just so happens I had another antenna to test, and that pulled in channels without a problem... problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom