Tv Client on Win7 starter? (1 Viewer)

talen256

January 23, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've been running MP for a couple of years now on a Zotac atom based mini PC running Windows 7 Starter. It works great and 720p MKV files play smoothly, even up-converted to my 1080p sony TV. Lower bitrate 1080p movies also play fine, but high bitrate coded files tend to stutter a bit.

My problem is getting the TV client to work. I recently set up a TV server with a Hauppage HD-PVR connected to a Shaw satellite reciever. Server plays TV fine. Client connects, goes through the motions of playing, can even record, but does not show any video or audio. Recordings made on the client play fine on the server. I installed MP on my desktop PC just to try it out and it plays TV just fine. All PCs have a wired connection. The biggest difference I can see between the non-working Zotac PC and the others is that its running Win7 starter instead of a "full" version of Windows. Is this my problem? I hate to swicth it out as it does everything else much quicker than other versions of windows and it plays MKV files just fine.

FTW, the atom based Zotac PC can boot starter faster than my Quad core, 8GB ram, 10k Raptor equipped desktop can boot ultimate. So you can see why I'm reluctant to switch :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Tv Client on Win7 starter?

Hi.
    I think this is an codec issue. Win7 normally has lots of codecs onboard, most of them are used by MP... I don't know if Starter has this codecs aboard also. But that would be the point to start looking, I think.

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Win7 starter don't have the Microsoft dvd-dtv codec that other win7 editions have. Have you checked out the tv-codec section in MP config? What codecs are you using for TV?

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom