MP2 - V2.1 TV Config crash, Media Source Error, Flickering at Playing, ... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah

Portal Member
May 20, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello all,

as suggested I gave Mediaportal 1.1 Pre 2 a try but I was again extremely disappointed like by my last test 1-2 years ago.
It's sad seeing so much efforts getting into it, while it is still unusable :(

So here is my list of errors, bugs and problems:

TV Configuration
- Fails always with: Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException
Screenshot see Snaggy - easy screenshots
(Stopped MP1 TV service and set to manual before installing MP2)

Settings
- Got lost in settings, sub-settings should have a general entry for the first sub-settings.
- Adding a media source on local harddisk always says "Internal Error", but is stored anyway
- How can I install new plugins?
- Where can I configure my remote control?

Playing
- Flickering when playing video with another window showing on the same screen
- Flickering with black screen when playing videos and having the "player configuration" layer open, continues even when layers are closed. Movie has to be stopped and started from beginning to get rid of the flickering
- Intelligent zoom does not respect resolution ratio
- Resuming video does not display the time where I have been
- Unable to fast forward, pressing fast forward stops movie for a second and then continues

Cheers,
Sarah

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for feeding back.
    - Fails always with: Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException
    Looks like there's a conflict somewhere with the existing MP1 TV Server installation, not sure about this atm.
    - Got lost in settings, sub-settings should have a general entry for the first sub-settings.
    Can you elaborate a bit more on how you'd expect it to look/work, we are aware that as the settings have grown navigating has become a bit unwieldy and are open to suggestions on how to improve it.
    - Adding a media source on local harddisk always says "Internal Error", but is stored anyway
    This is already fixed in the next version.
    How can I install new plugins?
    There is currently not a plugin manager to do this for you automatically, you need to download the plugins manually, either from the plugin repo here or the subforum here and copy the files to either 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins or 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins', depending on whether its a client or server plugin.
    Where can I configure my remote control?
    Try this plugin.
    - Flickering when playing video with another window showing on the same screen
    - Flickering with black screen when playing videos and having the "player configuration" layer open, continues even when layers are closed. Movie has to be stopped and started from beginning to get rid of the flickering
    This is not normal, without logs I can't really comment on what's going on there.
    - Unable to fast forward, pressing fast forward stops movie for a second and then continues
    Again, this is not normal and seems to work OK here, I'd need logs to confirm but fast forwarding is heavily dependent on the used codec. Note that pressing FF once doesn't increase the speed by much, press it multiple times to increase it further. I'd also recommend (as with MP1 ;)) using the 'skip steps' to navigate through a video by pressing Left/Right on your remote/keyboard.
    Resuming video does not display the time where I have been
    I've added this as a feature request on our issue tracker here.

If you are interested in getting help with your playback issues you'd need to post a set of debug logs showing the issues, there's an overview of collecting logs in the Wiki.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    while it is still unusable
    Hi.
    I'm using MP2 "productive" since many years now... So it definitely is not "unusable". If you are used to MP1 you need to forget 99% of what you "know" from there. MP2 is completely different so you can not do things like in MP1. The only thing that is similar is the TV configuration because it uses the same TV engine. But everything else is not even in the same universe.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read a single line of the Wiki because most things you mentioned here are explained in Wiki.

The flickering and the other playing issues are caused by a bug in recent LAVF filters. You need to downgrade to 0.67 (or if you want to playback BluRay ISO to 0.65). Final version will come with 0.65 if LAVF is not fixed in meantime. This is a new finding that's why Pre2 still comes with faulty LAVF version...

Where can I configure my remote control?
    A MCE remote is working ootb without any configuration. How to use different remotes is described in the Wiki...

- How can I install new plugins?
    MP2 comes with all main plugins. There are only a very few ("App Launcher", "CEC Remote", "Emulators" and "WebRadio" are the only one I know of atm, if the Atmolight plugin already is ported to 2.1 I don't know as I don't have matching hardware) external plugins available. Once you've made it through the main MP2 installation you are 99% complete. The functionality of at least the following MP1 plugins are included in main MP2:

TVSeries, Moving Pictures, Online Videos, Fanart Handler, Latest Media Handler, World Weather Lite, Logo Manager

Also all those functionality is included the main installer package it is less than half the size of the MP1 installer... How to install the few remaining external plugins also is described in Wiki and/or in the plugins forum.

The TV Config Error is due to a not running MP2 server. Why the server is not running is impossible to say without logs.
    How to provide logs also is explained in the wiki.

Sarah

Portal Member
    May 20, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your answers. I'm answering both of you in one posting.
    >>- Fails always with: Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException
    > Looks like there's a conflict somewhere with the existing MP1 TV Server installation, not sure about this atm.
    I was told that I only have to stop the tv service of MP1 before installing MP2.
    I am using client and server on one computer.

>> - Got lost in settings, sub-settings should have a general entry for the first sub-settings.
    > Can you elaborate a bit more on how you'd expect it to look/work, we are aware that as the settings have grown navigating has become a bit unwieldy and are open to suggestions on how to improve it.
    I do net see the complete categories where I am only one parent category.
    I can only use back to go to the parent category, better would be when I can choose the parent category.
    Now: Snaggy - easy screenshots
    Should: Snaggy - easy screenshots

>> - Flickering when playing video with another window showing on the same screen
    >> - Flickering with black screen when playing videos and having the "player configuration" layer open, continues even when layers are closed. Movie has to be stopped and started from beginning to get rid of the flickering
    > This is not normal, without logs I can't really comment on what's going on there.
    Logs are attached.

> - Unable to fast forward, pressing fast forward stops movie for a second and then continues
    > Again, this is not normal and seems to work OK here, I'd need logs to confirm but fast forwarding is heavily dependent on the used codec. Note that pressing FF once doesn't increase the speed by much, press it multiple times to increase it further. I'd also recommend (as with MP1 ) using the 'skip steps' to navigate through a video by pressing Left/Right on your remote/keyboard.
    I am using skip steps, but I also need fast forward when skipping ads.
    Fast forward works without problems in MP1.

------------------------

I'm using MP2 "productive" since many years now... So it definitely is not "unusable".
    TV is not working and video playback flickers. So at least for me it is unusable.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read a single line of the Wiki because most things you mentioned here are explained in Wiki.
    I read the wiki, also your articles "Der Einstieg in MediaPortal 2 (nicht nur) für Umsteiger von MP1" but did not found anything to solve my problems.

The flickering and the other playing issues are caused by a bug in recent LAVF filters. You need to downgrade to 0.67 (or if you want to playback BluRay ISO to 0.65). Final version willcome with 0.65 if LAVF is not fixed in meantime. This is a new finding that's why Pre2 still comes with faulty LAVF version...
    0.65 are installed by MP2 and it flickers with 0.65. I upgraded to 0.69 but it still flickers.
    Another question, why aren't you using 0.69? 0.65 is 2 years old.

> > Where can I configure my remote control?
    > A MCE remote is working ootb without any configuration. How to use different remotes is described in the Wiki...
    I am using an MCE remote control. Fast-Forward is not working, it is working in MP1.

Thanks for your help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom