TV configuration doesn't discover channels (1 Viewer)

nsidir

January 8, 2018
Home Country
Greece Greece
I have installed in my Windows 10 Pro build 1709 MediaPortal 1. Following the installation guide, I installed the server/client version and after completion I run the TV configuration tool where the it discovers my DVB-T card (Realtek DVT Filter) in USB. Then i try to scan for channels but I get none. As I read, this can happen but it is suggested that we should use advance tuning options and check the single transpoder scan option. With the default frequency and bandwidth (30600 kHz and 8 MHz) for Greece, I still get no channels detected. I use other TV software with this card (ArcSoft TotalMedia, and SichboPVR) which have no problem detecting channels. Should I use different frequency and bandwidth values? Is there a problem with my DVB-T?
I have also tried MediaPortal 2 also but i had the same problem.

MediaPortal seems to be a very good software and its a pity I cant get it done.

Thanks in advance
Nikos

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Nikos

With the default frequency and bandwidth (30600 kHz and 8 MHz) for Greece...
    Your frequency value seems like it cannot be right.

Surely the frequency should be 306000 kHz (306 with 3 zeroes instead of 2)?

Also, remember that your tuner can only be used by one program at any given time. You must completely close SichboPVR, ArcSoft and any other TV programs you have been trying before attempting to use the tuner with MediaPortal.

nsidir

January 8, 2018
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanks for your immediate reply.
    I know that a tuner can only be used by one software. When I perform scanning, no other tv program is running. I wrote by mistake 30600 kHz. The default value is, as you say, 306000. The problem remains.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I cannot confirm whether 306000 kHz is a valid frequency. In fact a quick google search suggests it is not:
    DVB-T Frequency Table for Greece (PAL)

Perhaps you can find the correct frequencies by examining the ArcSoft and/or SichboPVR settings.

Whatever the case, please follow the normal procedure and provide log files as is expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom