TV Cutting out (1 Viewer)

bcdudley

Portal Member
January 29, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Looking for some help on an annoying issue.I have a newish LG 4k tv. It is about 6 months old. I have a Verizon Fios cable box hooked up on HDMI 1 and my HTPC on HDMI 2. it has a LG soundbar hooked up through the optical out.

The computer is an older one with a Core 2 Duo Quad core cpu and 4Gb of Ram. It also has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. Everything seems to work normally and I am able to play 4k video without stutter. CPU and Memory resources stay low on most 4k videos.

The problem I am having is that the tv will periodically cut out for 2-3 seconds. It can be during any type of tv play back or when the computer is being used for other purposes such as running a game outside of Media Portal. The tv can go for hours sometimes with no issue. Other times it will do it 2-3 times per minute.
I also have hooked up another laptop to HDMI3 using a completely different cable and i get the same results. The cable box seems to run fine so the issue appears to be limited to computer connections.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

V

Vikavolt

Check the Output Resolution on your cable box:
Press Settings on the Remote
Go to Output Resolution. (If you don't see it in the list, check the High Definition or Display Sub Menus.)
Clear all the dots EXCEPT 1080i
Save your changes.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you fix your issue? Sounds like your LG TV is causing the problem.
    As suggested above see if you can change some settings for your HDMI input to try fix it.
    Otherwise I would turn to LG support services and forums. Chances are you are not the only one with this issue.
    Hopefully LG can fix it via firmware upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom