TV does not work after resume from standby [MP1.4] (1 Viewer)

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Hi,
I recently changed to MP1.4 and Windows 7 64bit. Looks and feels great.
However, I have sometimes problem when I resume from standby with my TV.
I get an "Unknown Problem" in TV Section when I select a channel.
Stopping MP and restart it does not help.
I use Powerscheduler and Forced Shutdown as well as Reinitialize Service on wakeup.

With Windows XP and MP1.3 it worked stable.
Logs attached.

Do you have any idea what I could try/check to overcome the problem?

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hello bart0190

I suspect the problem is that you're not using a static IP address for your server, and the IP address changed:
    <DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=gremy;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=*******;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30;" />

[2013-07-17 20:22:01,151] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:10.0.0.1
    [2013-07-17 20:22:01,261] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on gremy

[2013-07-22 23:51:19,041] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:10.0.0.2
    [2013-07-22 23:51:19,051] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on gremy

So please configure with a static IP address.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have asked a couple of times to have the default for that setting to be set disabled, but clearly it is not a problem for everyone and perhaps there are negative implications though I have never experienced any. I and a couple of others had this and reported it on the upgrade to MP 1.21 and there have been a handful of incidences...
    I have asked a couple of times to have the default for that setting to be set disabled, but clearly it is not a problem for...
    I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
    Replies
    Views
    I think I have a better way of showing what is happening I just turned on the TV from sleeping and then opened the guide to select one of my IPTV channels. After a few seconds, the client throws an "Unknown Error" and then nothing more. As you can see in the mediaportal attachment, on the left side there is nothing playing. On the...
    I think I have a better way of showing what is happening I just turned on the TV from sleeping and then opened the guide to select...
    I'm not sure exactly when this started, I've been dealing with it for a while until I had time to troubleshoot it. I'm pretty sure...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
    For me not ;) -- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs
    Description: After a resume from sleep the Radio Time plugin will no longer play any radio stations and gives the error shown in...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up in the Home screen. Would be nice if it could start on TV (if that's where MP was when put to sleep), just like my older Panasonic PVR. But this workaround is reasonable. I will add that sometimes, even...
    Hi CyberSimian, I have concluded the same thing. Disabled "Show last active module when resuming" and go to TV after starting up...
    Hello, I have MP 1.22 freshly installed on a Windows 10 x64, Ver 1903. This was an upgrade from WIndows 10 x32. When I setup the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom