MP2 - V2.4 TV Guide Seach button not working (2 Viewers)

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
January 9, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MP2 Version
Before you create this bug report:
  1. Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
  2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
  3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker)and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
  4. Search the forums for your problem, it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.

Please always include log files with your Bug Report!
Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
Description:
MP2.4 (and earlier) WMC skin: Clicking on the Search button at the top of the TV Guide has no effect. The Search button on the Home screen works fine.

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
Steps to Reproduce:
Click on the Search button at the top of the TV Guide!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tested it with MP2.4 release build and clicking on the search symbol in FullEPG screen shows a text search field and an option as expected.
    Please check once again and upload log files in case you can reproduce the issue.

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2020
    Home Country
    Here's the latest log file. I opened MP2.4, opened the EPG, clicked on the search button and closed MP.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-03-10-12.49.57.zip
      667.2 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's the latest log file. I opened MP2.4, opened the EPG, clicked on the search button and closed MP.
    Thanks, your logs do not show any action after the FullEPG screen was loaded 12:49:21,494. So it seems, that the trigger was not even received by MP2.
    Did you click on the button with mouse, remote or keyboard?
    1646919958003.png

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found the issue, seems that in some conditions (not always) the focus with mouse is not possible. With remote and keyboard there are no issues.
    I fixed that and it will be available with next release.

Please extract attached file to "\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTvClient\Skin\WMCSkin\screens" and overwrite the existing file. Then restart MP2.

Attachments

• SlimTvClient-fullguide.rar
      2.3 KB

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2020
    Home Country
    Hurray! That works. Thank you!
    I minor problem I have with the mouse focus is that if you click on the pause button while watching (recorded) TV the button loses the focus and you have to move the mouse for it to regain the focus. Apart from this being non-intuitive it makes it difficult to rapidly toggle between pause and play when looking for a particular moment in the replay.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I minor problem I have with the mouse focus is that if you click on the pause button while watching (recorded) TV the button loses the focus and you have to move the mouse for it to regain the focus. Apart from this being non-intuitive it makes it difficult to rapidly toggle between pause and play when looking for a particular moment in the replay.
    Yea, this is something by design. There are two separate buttons (pause,play) with each one action. Visibility of the buttons is managed, so you see Play, if pause is pressed and vice versa. But with every change of visibility the focus needs to be set again and this happens only, if the mouse moves at least a few pixel.
    @Brownard you have always great ideas. Is there something easy to change this? I can only assume one button with changed image according to state, but I believe we can not link 2 different conditional actions (pause and play) to one single button.

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2020
    Home Country
    I've done all my progamming in DataFlex so not sure how relevant this would be to MP but the following creates a button that changes its text and image when clicked and doesn't require the mouse to be moved to 're-click'.
    Code:
        Object oTextAndImageTopButton is a Button
            Property Boolean pbSave
            Set pbSave to True
            Set Size to 26 50
            Set Location to 20 167
            Set Label to 'Save'
            Set psImage to "ActionSave.ico"
            Set peImageAlign to Button_ImageList_Align_Top
            Set piImageMarginTop to 10

Procedure OnClick
                Boolean bSave