MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: SelecTV
HTPC Case: Thermaltake 'Bach'
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: Panasonic AE500 Projector
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I can't seem to use anything other than the TV Server built in EPG grabbing. I can't seem to convince MP to import a TVGuide.xml.. Yeah I know I'm jumping the gun, but wondered if anyone else had had any luck..

Can I say btw... The new TV server is AWESOME!! :D

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    This is because WebEPG it's not implemented yet, so only EPG grabbing works

Regards
    Roy

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    After talking with Frodo in the forums... you should be able to import a tvguide.xml file.

Get into the MP TV server properties and then go down to plugins. You should have XMLTV as a plugin. Select the directory where your XMLTV is. By default it's pointing to a directory within the tv server and not the xmltv directory within MP.

EDIT: I said you need a .xmltv file... this was changed to .xml after like the second build.

I have created a new xmltv file and sent it off to Frodo. For some reason... when you click on the guide it comes up empty... you will need to scroll down for the guide to populate... when you go out and come back in.. the guide is gone again. I am hoping this will be fixed in the next couple of SVN releases.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    After talking with Frodo in the forums... you should be able to import a tvguide.xmltv file.

Get into the MP TV server properties and then go down to plugins. You should have XMLTV as a plugin. Select the directory where your XMLTV is. By default it's pointing to a directory within the tv server and not the xmltv directory within MP.

The Tv Server is looking for a .XMLTV instead of a xml file... just something to know.

That's strange, i saw that Frodo did the xmltv, didn't read any further and compiled the new one. Pointed the plugin to the XMLTV directory within the mediaportal directory and it works. But there is just the normal TVGUIDE.XML no special *.xmtv files, there is also a xmltv.dtd file. Both files are created by WebEPG.

I have created a new xmltv file and sent it off to Frodo. For some reason... when you click on the guide it comes up empty... you will need to scroll down for the guide to populate... when you go out and come back in.. the guide is gone again. I am hoping this will be fixed in the next couple of SVN releases.

No probs for me, i think i have a special version as mine also didn't ask for the ip adres of the server at the first time. It just worked.:)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Having a EPG order problem.

Does not matter which database file I remove, still get (for me) a totally disordered EPG.

Have done all the usual, remove tvguide etc, and not coming up in the tv channel order that is setup in TVEngine3.

Is there a new database that needs to be deleted for this to happen.

Also EPG resetting to BBC transmissions only on shutdown/restart of MP instead of showing ALL.

Regards

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have been testing the new TV engine most of the day.. I did finally get my List to come in correctly... I will try to give you guys some tips to help you out. I have a dual analog card (pvr-500). Becuase the new TV engine does not have a combine feature, it's pretty worthless for me to scan in the channels and then bring in the XML file. The reason is, all my channels are 2, 3, 4 and so on.. but my XML downloads 2 KTVN, 3 WGER and so on. Once the xml guide comes in, I then have Dupes in my list so 2, 2 KTVN, 3, 3 WGER and so on. So i just forget the auto scan and just bring in all the channels from the XML.

Once you get your channels into the list, sort them by numbers... you will still probably get something like 11, 12, 13, 2, 21... with the smaller numbers mixed in. Move these to the top of the list and get them all in order. I like to export out my list just so I have it.. and I also like to exit out after each thing to make sure it saves.

I then go into each card and assign the channels to each card... eventho you have edited them in the list.. they still show up wrong. I pick the lowest number and add it.. and then the next.. untill I get to 11... then I add 11 to the end. This list should now be in order. This seems to work for me.

If you want to start all over and remove all of your EPG guide... you will need to run a SQL query.

DELETE FROM [TvLibrary].[dbo].[Program]

I go into querys in the SLQ sever and put that in.. I then also save it.. so I can run it later.

I hope this helps.... I am still having major problems with the beta... and that's just what it is.. beta... but it's future looks very bright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom