Video Codec: Dunno which to use
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: via kt880a
TV Card Model: phillips
Video Card Model: Geforce FX 5200
Audio Card Model: Generic 7.1
Synopsis::

My 2 rear speakers dont work with my tv, Any clues ?

thanks

donmega

Portal Member
November 14, 2005
hmmm after some testing I see that even when using tv software outside of media portal this still happens., so I guess maybe this can be moved to the hardware or software section.

I know the reason why it only wants to do stereo is because my video card sound output is only connected to the line input of my soundcard using a 1/4 jack which is only stereo, however I also know that there is a way to clone the sound from the front to the rear and force 5.1 on a stereo source. I just dont know how to do it.

if anyone knows a work around please let me know.

donmega

Portal Member
November 14, 2005
ah that didnt work but it did cause my to lose surround in everything else as well :(

Guess its system restore and about a week of tweaking and updating again.

Thanks anyway

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    jawbroken - The open source matrix-mixer looks very good. It woul dbe nice if a developer could take that code and incorporate it into MP.

Mike

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I only have stereo on my computers and it sounded like with a 5.1 (or 7.1) system (acording to donmega) you would only get 2 channels (front L&R (I am assuming) when you play a stereo video file. My thought is with that OSS [matrix-mixer] a developer could allow the pseudo 5.1 type output using all the speakers. I maybe full of beans or it may sound like trash, I really don't know. It was interesting that is all. To be truthful I doubt if any (existing or new) developer would work on that anyway as there are many other fixes and features that have been requested.

PoWerBaR

Portal Member
    December 29, 2005
    would be a great idea, becase most of htpc will have a 5.1 sys to deal with... and the only trick is, to get the rear speakers to play the same like the front, the middle one both, and the subwoofer only the low passages... thats all ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom