[confirm] TV Lipsync problem when using FFDSHOW on MP 1.3.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

Did you know that FFDSHOW has a feature that helps to fight the station logo pixel burn-in issue?

• Total voters

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes experimental tsReader was not added in RC, you need to the Tony one :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP 1.3.0 RC: same problem.

It will have - changes to the FFDShow workaround (this isn't actually an MP bug, it's an FFDShow 'feature') won't happen until a later version of MP.

Also it would be better to come up with a more elegant, more automatic workaround for this particular problem (where the CoreCC parser filter is inserted between TsReader.ax and FFDShow).

Tony

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I understand, but I didn't notice this problem in 1.2.3 final. Did you have this workaround in 1.2.3 and removed in 1.3.0?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, but the closed-caption support was added in 1.3.0 alpha - it's inserting the extra (CC parser) filter between TsReader and FFDShow that stops TsReader detecting FFDShow video decoder (and hence enabling the workaround). When this was done no-one realized that this would break the FFDShow workaround if CC is enabled.

It's more complicated to fix it than it might seem, because it's important to *only* enable the workaround when FFDShow video decoder is actually being used for MPEG2 decoding (i.e. it's not just in the graph for post-processing etc).

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see. I started using Core CC Parser long time ago. It is not perfect but the only working tool that supports North American ATSC CC. I have some frame drops when enabling it, but it works. Maybe my case is a bit more complicated because I have a dual screen. And contrary to official recommendations, enabling aero causes terrible stuttering:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nitor-and-windows-7-aero-theme-enabled.96628/

And also ffdshow allows to save flat screens because this is the only program that allows to fight logo burn in feature by using logoaway. I already ruined one plasma TV and I think this is important to have this feature. I with we had this feature natively, not just with ffdshow:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/multiprofiled-logo-away-to-fight-the-screen-burn-in-problem.96872/

Anyways, thank you for working on this important issue and I wish you good luck! I hope to assist you by providing some feedback when necessary.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom