TV menu doesn't appear (1 Viewer)

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Re: AW: TV menu doesn't appear

I haven't uninstalled the TV Server, as I assumed that would lose all my record instructions.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV menu doesn't appear

So maybe you can try to repair your database.

If this won't work you should post Log Files.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country

I am totally confused. I had set things up to record on MC, as MP was inaccessible. When I checked before going to bed some hours later, MC hadn't done anything, presumably because it couldn't access a tuner. So I uninstalled MP, ran the database repair, restarted the computer and then checked MC again. This time the tuner was working, I could watch TV. Then I checked the folder to see if it had recorded anything and I found MP had - even though it's uninstalled. The only MP programme installed is TV Server, so I guess it's the one that records?! Ran it, could get into individual tuners again but scanning just returns the "nothing found" response. It's still got the old info there, of course, which doesn't change, even though it says there are no statins. I'll have another go in the morning, when I'm fresher, try and analyse what is happening and probably post a log. I was wondering if there was a hardware problem but now I don't know what to think. Thanks for your help, Holzi.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV menu doesn't appear

Maybe there is a conflict between MC & MP?
    As suggested before: Logs could maybe also be helpful. =)
    Thank you!

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country

OK, my summary today reads as follows:
    I can record and watch TV on MC - though sometimes it can't find a tuner available and I haven't yet worked out when/why
    I've had MC and MP both running on this machine without change for 15 months - if there's a conflict, presumably it would have to be a recent update - have you heard anything to suggest this? (I've got auto updates set.)
    I've uninstalled MP, it still recorded last night BUT it didn't stop, so I ended up with enormous files, had to restart machine to stop them to be able to delete
    I ran the suggested repair last night, no difference that I could detect
    I haven't uninstalled TV Server - it can see tuners but not find any stations on scan - I'm attaching the log for this now. I see I have to reinstall MP to get the debug mode option. Ah, keep getting error message, can't create log. [System.I.O.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'c:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal\MediaPortal\\MediaPortal.xml'. File name: 'C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal\MediaPortal\\MediaPortal.xml' at System.I.O_Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.I.O.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) at WatchDog.PostTestActions.PerformActions()]
    Closed MP, started log prog again, got another error message: [Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml'] Note no double back slashes this time.
    Looks like I can't create a log, I've checked and the file it's looking for certainly doesn't exist at that location. I've uninstalled MP and will restart the computer and see what happens a second time.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country

This time the uninstall didn't demand a restart of the computer.
    So I uninstalled, restarted computer, reinstalled, ran MediaPortal Watchdog and this time it ran - but as it only opens MP, I'm not sure that it will help you much, as the TV option isn't in the config programme so not in MP. Anyway, I'm attaching the log. It was not in the location I was telling it to go to, so it probably was there before - no way to check now.

What will happen if I uninstall TV Server - will that delete all my record instructions?
    I keep checking MC and it still has access to a tuner.

Thanks for all your time on this, by the way. I wish I knew the programmes better to do something useful instead of just asking for your help.

MaccaHV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2010
    Home Country

Even though my TV computer is on a network I can't see why it should have an affect on MP - the only relevance is that it uses the internet, through the network, to get programme information. Otherwise it is stand-alone. I'm having problems with my ISP, it's satellite, think it might be getting too busy - I've asked for info on what's happening, often have difficulty connecting lately, but no response yet, they'll probably deny any problems, I imagine. I've not got any actual network problems that I'm aware of. But as I say, don't see how that could relate to this as everything is on this machine. Can you suggest who I could ask for help? Should I move to that other thread? Or contact mm - I notice he's in my timezone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom