TV not working/cant watch recordings (1 Viewer)

Strattos

Portal Member
September 24, 2010
Home Country
From out of nowhere I've suddently encountered a problem where I can't watch tv or access either the EPG, or recorded tv shows.

When I hit TV from the main menu it takes me to the TV section of Media Portal, but when I either try to access the EPG, watch tv or even try to view a recorded show, Media Portal freezes and just shows the background image before taking me to a screen titled TV SETUP.

There is a message there asking me to specific an IP address or host name of the master server. It lists the master server, but when I select that it doesn't work.

I've had a look in services and the TV service appears to be starting without a problem. I can also manually stop and start it again without any issues.

Other components of Media Portal are working fine, including TV Series, Moving Pictures etc.

About a year ago I had a corrupted TV database and thought it might be that again, but I've run the repair process detailed in these forums and this hasn't fixed it.

Please find logs attached.

Not sure if this helps, but I've attached two logs.

The first, ending in 13_19, is when I try to just watch tv.

The second, ending in 13_21, is when I try to access recorded programs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry for those who have already spent time looking at my logs, but I just realised, due to the my HTPC tv not working, I had the aerial straight into the tv, so the 'watch tv' log would indicate no tv signal. I've hooked it back up and uploaded new logs. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I'll get straight to the point.
    The database configuration file (gentle.config) is corrupt. Did your computer lose power unexpectedly (eg. power cut, hard reset...)?

To fix:
    1. Close MediaPortal.
    2. Open Windows Explorer.
    3. Copy + paste "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" into the address/location field.
    4. Delete the gentle.config file in that folder.
    5. Open a new instance of Windows Explorer.
    6. Copy + paste "c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" into the address/location field.
    7. Copy the gentle.config file from that folder into the other window (ie. you're replacing the gentle.config file in the MediaPortal folder with the one from the MediaPortal TV Server folder.
    8. Start MediaPortal and everything should work, assuming no other files were corrupted.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom