Tv not working properly when switched off for extended periods. (1 Viewer)

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi guys I really hope you can help me I'm about a my wits end with this. If I switch the television off overnight and then switch it on again in the morning live timing belt has frozen I've so far disabled screensaver, ta buffer extractor, in the hope that the was some thing wrong with the plugin, but still no fix.

I need help with this as I'm about the blow the install out of the water and maybe start a fresh, or the other option and just scrap the project and find another media library solution, WAF is not very high also at the moment.

Please let me know what you need.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) for sure the complete log as usual :)
    You can collect them with watchdog tool.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here:
    Tv "No Input"

You can read that whole thread. Same topic/problem.

Yeah but I have fixed the no input problem. Now just the freezes and stuttering, I have replaced the new fanless card with the old gpu with the dodgey fan to see if that helps. I will see tomorrow. I had a look at the logs from a crash last night, don't know how to really gleam the important info out of all the info in there.

If I have the same problem tomorrow, should I just package up all logs up to date and send them through with a window of when I switched of the tv and when I switched it back on.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok so, changed gpu and all seems good over the last couple of days, the only things I changed when I changed it out was to change a pcie setting in bios and do an clean driver install.

I may try the new card again and do a clean install of its drivers to see if I can get it working properly.

So yes it wasn't media portal that was the problem, shouldn't have doubted you guys. Just wish someone could have pointed me in this direction earlier so as to save all the headaches with the missus.

Will keep you posted on the progress with the new card.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In the interest of trying to make the htpc quiet, I brought another fanless gpu this time a pcie3 card thinking that pcie2 may not have had the bandwidth required.

Everything was fine for a while, I'm now gettting lockups when starting the television if the tv module is on just like the other fanless card, stopping tv and restarting fixes it so far, and jerkyness when the card gets to about 40 degrees celcius.

So I'm guessing these cards just don't want to work with my computer consistently.

I would really like to get them going, is there anything I can try to fix this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom