Tv Picture size is smaller with certain shows on specific program (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

sinze ages I can see that when shutting on one channel (ORF2) to a specific program (Wien Heute / ZiB - every day 19:00 and 19:30) the picture is smaller than it should be (only left and right some centimteres - see picture).

This only happens with this program and these two shows (as far I can see it). The rest of teh time it's fine.

I attach all teh Logs I have (no watchdogg logs) - maybe soemone ha san idea why this is happeneing ...?

20160221_190143.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This only happens with this program and these two shows (as far I can see it). The rest of teh time it's fine.
    ...then probably the reason is related to the production of those shows. MediaPortal cannot see the difference between one show and another...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Probably - it's just strange as it's only in MP an "issue" - normal TV of course displays it correctly ...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The "correct" behaviour in this case is not obvious.

If a normal TV is not showing the black slices on the sides, I expect it is:
    1. Cutting off part of the picture on top and bottom and applying linear zooming/scaling, AND/OR...
    2. Applying horizontal non-linear stretching.
    Personally I would prefer the current MP behaviour over either of those options. If you insist that you want the picture to be filled despite the cutting/stretching, perhaps you could try to configure ViewModeSwitcher or I.F.C. to do what you want. I don't know that either of them can help; it's just a suggestion for you to investigate. Before you try them, I also suggest that you make sure the TV scaling and overscan options are disabled to make sure it is not causing the problem. The TV should simply show the picture produced by the GPU 1:1.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Jap - all this is set correctly - and I blame our ORF with their stupid handling of encryption (it's happening with the program also connecting to the other thread "playback stops with certain programs) this is the one show where it switches to regional and something is happening there .. it's nothing major so not worth to invest time into :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom