TV Postprocessor does not reconnect (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-Server Version: SVN 16310
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3 SVN 16300
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x86
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
    HDD: 2*400GB Samsung RAID0
    Memory: 2*1GB PC4200
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel 965
    Video Card: Gigabyte X1950 Pro 256MB
    Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 1200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR350
    2. TV Card Type: analog

This is an issue that I got after installing RC3 + SVN. It did not exist in my previous last SVN:s using RC2 (i.e. SVN 16098). Got the same issue both in Vista and XP.

I'm using ffdshow raw video filter as TV Postprocessor for deinterlacing and picture properties. Now when changing between h264 and MPEG2 channels, only the video decoder should be changed still leaving ffdshow as a postprocessor. It does however disconnect both the unused video decoder AND ffdshow. If I stop and restart TV, ffdshow is readded to the graph.
    It's easy to recreate. Just enable the ffdshow OSD and change between h264/MPEG2 channels. The OSD will not be visible after the channel change since ffdshow is not in use anymore.

I'm doing the tests with TSReader since using TS File Source won't change video decoder for me when going between h264/MPEG2 channels.

Also tried switching between different video formats in Movie Post Processing but this issue does not exist there.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Is this a installation with TVE3/TVPlugin(if so it should be moved to correct forum part)?
    btw, attach your logs to you post..

Regards
    Roy

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You are right. I'm using a TVE3/TV Plugin installation. Please feel free to move this thread to the correct forum.

Attached are some logs where switching from h264, with ffdshow as post processor, to MPEG2 will result in ffdshow getting disconnected.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've tried some different SVN:s to find out when this issue was introduced. RC3 without SVN does not have this behavior. If I apply the first RC3 SVN, 16261, I get this problem. My guess is that it happened after this:

TVE3 17/10/2007 [13:27:20] Eabin added: moved graph building to client side. this fixes some of the issues with audio-but-no-video (or the reverse) some users were having. you will need to update TVServer AND Mediaportal to be able to use this build.

Not sure what it means. Was the graph built on the server before that..?

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    nope, the graph was built from within the TSReader filter before that. now it is being done by the creator of the DirectShow graph (i.e. Mediaportal itself). i will have a look at your logfiles.

i have a good idea what's going wrong here. will try to come up with a fix in the next days.

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    could you please try the attached core.dll, it tries the filters that are already loaded in order of their merit, so the postprocessor should be connected correctly.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Eabin thanks for the reply.

There is a problem with loading filters by its merit. ffdshow raw filter got merit 0x200000 by default which means Video Mixing Renderer 9 will be connected before, again leaving the postprocessor unconnected.

The strange thing is that ffdshow is in use on every first tune despite its low merit. Only when the graph is rebuilt the merit is of any importance. Looks like the graph isn't rendered in the same way in the two cases.

I tried a filter manager to change ffdshow's merit and after that it does work!

I'd prefer that any postprocessor would be used regardless of its merit since the user has specifically chosen to use this filter. Perhaps it's possible to upgrade the filter's merit internally to MediaPortal only or some other way to make sure it'll be used, just like the first tune?

What do you think?

Attached logs used with the new core.dll

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    hm, i will have a look if i can order filters with the same merit by their type. interestingly, on my system both Enhanced Video Renderer and VMR9 have a merit of 0, which makes all postprocessing filters connect just fine (in theory, that is. haven't actually tried it).

edit: this is not true, actually. The VMR9 has a merit of 0x200000 on my system, which obviously Radlight Filtermanager isn't able to find out about.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm having same behaviour with SVN 16540 (0.2.3.0 final, so)... I can't try this Core.dll, because if I use it, TV plugin won't connect to the server any more, also with this error.log:

2007-11-22 17:44:52.031250 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:exception while creating DShow graph Nullpointer input not allowed ( IAudioStream ) en MediaPortal.Player.TSReaderPlayer.GetInterfaces(String filename)
    2007-11-22 17:44:52.031250 [ERROR][MPMain]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

Eabin, did you find something more about this issue? ffdshow kernel bob deinterlace filter is a "must" in my system... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom