TV Postprocessor does not reconnect (1 Viewer)

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    ok, so i finally got some time to look into this issue, and if anybody wants to help me test the results, it would be appreciated.

i will attach a core.dll for the latest svn later, that always tries all itermediate filters (read: filters with output pins) first, before trying to connect to a renderer (read: a filter with no output pin).

the dll has some more changes than the rendering stuff, so if it doesn't work at all, all blame to me - but please tell me so i can fix it.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'll try as soon as you post core.dll.

Thank you very much.

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    ok, here is my first try. if it doesn't work, please attach your mediaportal.log (otherwise all praise to me ;) )

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can't been able to run a complet deep test... but it works! :) I've switched to a h264 channel and back to a regular mpeg2 channel: perfect behaviour. Nvidia mpeg2 codec has reconnected and CoreAVC has disconnected with no problems. :)

I'll continue using and testing this core.dll and report anything I see... Where do you think we can have problems? What parts of MP are "affected" by this core.dll? TV only? Or also general video/audio handling?

Thank you very much indeed Eabin. :)

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    any news on this one? if noone reports any issues, i will commit the changes sometime this week (or early next week, depends on when i find the time).

issues should be noticable in anything that plays video (aside from visualizations). i.e. TV, DVD and plain Video Playback, including My Films, TV Series and the like.
    although i'm pretty confident that the changes should be ok. i'm using them myself since the day i posted them, and haven't had a single problem.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same here Eabin. No issues related to new core.dll... :)

Thank you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom