TV problems with LAV filters and MP 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you are using the recent versions of LAV filters (0.51.3 and later) with MP 1.2.3, you may find that MP will not actually use LAV video decoder for live and recorded TV - even if it's selected in MP config for TV. Or it might not use DXVA2, so the CPU usage will be very high.

If you have this problem, please try using the updated TsReader.ax from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/tsreader_nostopmod63b-zip.113164/

(To install the update, just close MP, unzip the file and copy the new TsReader.ax into the MP program folder e.g. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal or C:\Program Files(x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal)

Tony

Last edited:

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi
    thanks for the workaround. since three days I've got many stuttering playback and I can't watch TV and recordings. In LAV 0.52: DXVA2 (native) was activated on all formats. I've switched o so to the TSreader above. But without any improvents. :(
    Watching TV starts with jutter and ends up after 1 minute to a freeze screen..
    Any more suggestions?

EDIT: Logs and a printscreen attached
    Refresh Rate Changer is also activated.

Attachments

• freeze.jpg
      freeze.jpg
      360.2 KB
    Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    thanks for the workaround. since three days I've got many stuttering playback and I can't watch TV and recordings. In LAV 0.52: DXVA2 (native) was activated on all formats. I've switched o so to the TSreader above. But without any improvents. :(
    Watching TV starts with jutter and ends up after 1 minute to a freeze screen..
    Any more suggestions?

EDIT: Logs and a printscreen attached
    Refresh Rate Changer is also activated.

You have lots of 'Continuity error...' in both the TsWriter and TsReader logs - check your tuner input connections etc.

Tony

Tmaniac

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmm, i replaced my tsreader after a complete fresh HTPC re-install....everytime i whatch live tv...the CPU kicks to max and screen starts to stutter.

any other place where i should check?

using the latest LAV filters

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tmaniac,

I would double check that you have LAV hardware acceleration enabled. Close MePo then use windows to start the LAV Video Config

Start > All Programs > LAV Filters > LAV Video Config

on the right side there should be an option for Hardware Acceleration. I'm using Intel HD2500 video so I enable Intel Quicksync. You could try DXVA2 (native) or 1 of the options for your video card.

Tmaniac

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well..i made a boo boo....

i installed intelligent frame correction...it turns out that was the culprit..when i disabled that my cpu started to go down to 5%...so i'm a happy camper again.

6opuc

Portal Member
    March 24, 2007
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Thank you very much. Finally i found this post and all my troubles are gone! You cannot imagine how long i was fighting with thiss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom