[EPG] / [TV] : Program Guide doesn't allow to make larger steps in the future like before (1 Viewer)

arneman

Portal Pro
February 20, 2007
Oldenburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: 1.1.0 beta
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 beta
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: XP Prof SP3
CPU Type: AMD X2 5600+
HDD: Samsung HD753LJ
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3
Video Card: Geforce 8600GT
Video Card Driver: GeForce 181.20
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: PCTV Sat Pro PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 09/12/2006,4.1.1.0
2. TV Card: PCTV Sat Pro PCI
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 09/12/2006,4.1.1.0
3. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy PCI S2 HD
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.301
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8x
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8x , Core AVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: X10, Keysonic Wireless Mini Keyboard
TV: Toshiba 42Z3030D
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI, Audio: optical SPDIF

First of all I want to thank the dev team for creating this nice program.:D

TV Program Guide: In Alpha you could make larger steps forward (in the future) in the program guide by using "Forward" button (the one you hit when you want to play a movie at 2x, 4 x ... speed). That also works while TV or record is running in the background. But in Beta it leads to an increasing playbackspeed of the video in the background... And I could not reach the arrows in the upper left corner to switch the days by remote control (with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT buttons). Bad usability when trying to record a movie in a few days ...

Regards

Arne

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    And I could not reach the arrows in the upper left corner to switch the days by remote control (with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT buttons)
    I have no problem with that. Selecting them works nicely in current Beta.

The way the "fast forward" keys worked before while watching TV/playing videos were an abuse.
    The current behaviour is correct.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And I could not reach the arrows in the upper left corner to switch the days by remote control (with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT buttons)

The way the "fast forward" keys worked before while watching TV/playing videos were an abuse.

Does this mean that you now change the channel by using the channel up/down key when TV is in a window? Or does this only concern ffw and rew? Ch up/down is also used for "page up" and "page down" in listelements... Either way the GUI should be consistent so that any key that works in fullscreen should work in windowed mode, or none at all.

Well, that's my pov at least ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Does this mean that you now change the channel by using the channel up/down key when TV is in a window?
    It actually should. If not, then this is a bug. :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Does this mean that you now change the channel by using the channel up/down key when TV is in a window?

I would say it is a positive bug :) Just think about the MCE remote and using the alternative EPG layout (one channel list mode). In that changing the next page after you have read the current one will be a huge usability issue.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I would say it is a positive bug :) Just think about the MCE remote and using the alternative EPG layout (one channel list mode). In that changing the next page after you have read the current one will be a huge usability issue.

But if this is true, then can you no longer navigate a list with what I call "page up/down" (well, you know, page jumps within a list)? If I have 3000 mp3-files and I have to press 1500 times on arrow-down to get to the middle I'm gonna have sore thumbs ;)

arneman

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2007
    Oldenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If this is "no bug", I'm wondering why it worked with 1.1 Alpha in the way the MP Manual describes it : KeyboardShortcuts_My_TV - MediaPortal Manual Documentation and with 1.1 Beta it doesn't work anymore....

The number of buttons on remote controls are limited. I think it is not usefull to use fast forward / backward while the video is displayed in a very small window in the corner and TV Guide is open. F7 and F8 (next / previous channel) is still working in TV Guide in the way the manual describes it. So I think F5 and F6 should work, too.

I made some test:

1)
    TV windowed in background
    TV Guide open
    "F5" or "F6" causes fast foward

2)
    TV off
    TV Guide open
    "F5" or "F6" moves time windows forward or backward (as described in MP Manual, see: MP WIKI

Maybe you now understand what I mean. And it is really usefull to use these Keys for this functions when the TV Guide is open - because of limited buttons on remote controls AND the fact, that is not useful to use fast forward / backward and channel UP / Down while the tv guide is on nd the video is so small in the corner...

So this is definitely a bug if you compare it with the manual.

Regards

Arne

EDIT: Next Day / Previous Day Buttons are accessible via "Arrow" keys. So this is no problem, my mistake, Sorry. But this was not the topic of this thread

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I agree with arneman

When tv in MP is in a small window in the corner/playing in the background it implies that you are doing something other than watching tv, so the buttons on the remote should not relate to tv watching in that case.

So in the EPG for instance, ff and fr should always act the same, wether you are playing tv in the background or not. That seems to me the most logical way to go. Otherwise it gets very confusing...

EDIT: Let's not confuse MP fullscreen and windowed mode with TV fullscreen and windowed mode here.
    Arneman is talking about MP in fullscreen, with TV in the lower left corner (windowed/background)
    It seems some are talking about MP in fullscreen and windowed mode.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yeah...what I mean with "TV in a window" is fullscreen MP with the small preview window (as in MyHome or in EPG).

arneman

Portal Pro
    February 20, 2007
    Oldenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm happy to get support from you guys ;)

Can someone correct the "No Bug" mark of this thread to a "Bug" mark, that the devs pay attention to it (again)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom