TV & Radio not working after standby (1 Viewer)

bestlane

October 19, 2005
MP Version: 0.2.0
Skin: default
Windows Version: XP SP2
CPU Type: P4 3.6
Memory: 512 MB
Video Card: ATI X800 Pro
Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
Video Render Type: VMR9
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Driver: Latest

This is my first post and I have to say that Media Portal is way superior to Windows Media Center 2005!!! I almost got everything to work perfectly, except this one small issue:

After I bring the system out of the standby, the MyTV and MyRadio does not seem to work. Everything works except the TV & Radio.

I found 2 work arounds to it:
1. Close the Media Portal and start it again.
2. Go to "Settings" in Media Portal and go through the wizard. After that the TV and Radio works fine.

I think it probably has to do with the Hauppauge TV card being initialized after the standby.

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
I've got the same issue, but with a ADS DVB-T card.
(ASUS motherboard, Sapphire Radeon 9600 Graphics, 1Gb Ram, AMD Sempron CPU, WinXPPROSP2 so looks like virtually nothing in common!).

I am using the 0.2.0 RC1, so am hoping that it will be fixed come RC2, but there is no mention of the problem in Mantis.

If I use the Power Scheduler plugin, it is more reliable as it disables the TV card prior to standby. Having said that, I regularly get a freeze from MP on attempting to standby, and see the windows Preparing to Standby box stuck on the screen.

Hibernate is better, but still not perfect. This means that I need to leave the machine running full steam or I risk the HTPC being frozen come a scheduled recording.

Richard.

bestlane

October 19, 2005
How would I go about getting the Power Scheduler to work? I tried enabling it from the "Setup" windows, but it doesn't appear once I ran Media Portal.

onetoomany

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
UK
You just enable it in the config program. Worth playing with some of the options there.

I've not seen any menu options for it in the main MP app - you config it in the config app and it does its thing. You need to make sure that Window's own power management is set to never, or else you'll find windows putting your PC into standby before the power scheduler and hence the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom