[no Bug] TV Randomly loses HTPC signal (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: TV Randomly loses HTPC signal

Here is another logfile, I created it the same way I did my previous one, which was with the second option of the MP debug tool.
    loutheo,

Your mediaportal.log is still strange in terms of not showing any user interaction. I don't see any command logged to start TV, nor is there any information about the watched channel logged. At what exact time did you stop watching TV in order to locate the right file?

The application event log shows some entries "Jasmio.MediaCenter.Service" in combination with PowerEvents. I am not fully sure but I believe this service is related to Windows MediaCenter. However, the this should be deactivated when using Mediaportal. Do you have the MediaCenter running in parallel? Maybe there are some side effects.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

loutheo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2010
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah I do use mediacenter also, but never have both running at the same time.

Perhaps the lack of user interaction is due to my remote setup. I am using and MCEREmote with EventGhost, to get it going a pasted a messageplugin.xml which I found in the MP forums into this folder C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults

Could this be related to the problem?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yeah I do use mediacenter also, but never have both running at the same time.
    Although they may not be running at the same time, the MCE services are always active and therefore interact. Try to deactivate the MCE by using the respective option in the Mediaportal configuration settings.

Perhaps the lack of user interaction is due to my remote setup.
    Could this be related to the problem?
    I don't think so but have to admit that I am not familiar with this kind of setup. Try to exclude MCE as the source first.

loutheo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2010
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    After your last post I found the setting you mentioned, exluding the MCE services. I havent had an issue of the screen going blank since, but still too early to tell if this has solved the problem. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again.

loutheo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2010
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The issue is still occurring. I will have another go at getting the logfile, this time ill setup my remote without eventghost and see if that helps. Will post back when I have it.

Cheers

loutheo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2010
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, so I feel silly. I should have checked the windows power settings earlier, I had meant too but just forgot about it. I remembered while I was doing the dishes last night and then promptly disabled windows from turning off my monitor after an idle period and it fixed it.

Still, I find it a little strange though that Windows recognises videos playing in MP as the system being idle, still doesnt turn off the monitor though until that video stops...

Oh well my issue is resolved anyway. Thanks for the assistance.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok, so I feel silly.
    Yes! :D
    Still, I find it a little strange though that Windows recognises videos playing in MP as the system being idle, still doesnt turn off the monitor though until that video stops...
    Actually it's logical. While the video is playing MP recognizes the state as busy. However, since, there is no interaction between user and system, the underlying Windows is in the idle state. As soon as the video stops, MP changes its state from busy to idle - and then Windows energy saving options are kicking in.

Have fun with MP,
    HTPC_sourcer

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok, so I feel silly. I should have checked the windows power settings earlier, I had meant too but just forgot about it. I remembered while I was doing the dishes last night and then promptly disabled windows from turning off my monitor after an idle period and it fixed it.

Oh well my issue is resolved anyway. Thanks for the assistance.

haha.

I wrote that exact thing for you in the very first reply :)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-randomly-loses-htpc-signal-92998/#post709539

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I wrote that exact thing for you in the very first reply :)
    True. He should have checked this from the very beginning. At that time I thought that he had just badly set his MP options...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom