marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    The way to configure your setup correctly is to:
    Use the DD software to link the CI/CAM to only two tuners.
    Disable CI/CAM support (untick "CAM enabled and present...") for the two tuners not linked to the CI/CAM: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings
    Unmap the encrypted channels from the two tuners not linked to the CI/CAM: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping
    Prioritise the tuners not linked to the CI/CAM above the tuners that are linked.

Thanks a lot, I see now I have wrong configuration so I have to change the TV Server configuration as you are proposing and I have to check it again:). I will do it during the weekend and let you know results.
    By the way, is it possible somehow to configure MP to go to the main screen automatically when the HTPC is wake up from the sleep mode (if the MP was in some submenu before MP went to sleep) ?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    on DD website your CAM is listed as supporting only 2 transponders(in your case - tuners) decryption simultaneously http://support.digital-devices.de/knowledgebase.php?article=27&language=English

As I mentioned above my CAM is from SMIT and the device type is CAM-1660 (it is information from DD CI module).

I finally received official answer from UPC (CAM module provider) -> the CAM I have from them can decode just 1 channel simultaneously. I also call to their customer care department to be sure and they confirmed me this information again. UPC is selling just one CAM type which I have, so there is no way to buy CAM from UPC, which can decode more than 1 channel. So I asked UPC, if I can use different CAM (from different vendor), which is able to support 4 channels simultaneously, but UPC told me it will not work as they have some information in their DBV-C signal, which their CAM has to decode, and if I buy CAM from different supplier, it will not work. What do you think about it?

The reason I am asking is simple - in my case the CAM can decode 2 channels (from 2 different multiplexes) just for first few seconds (~5sec) and then 1 channel is still decoded and second one is stopped (also during the recording it does not record this channel any more - so file size is very small).

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I was speaking to UPC again today - I was lucky to speak to technician guy. He explained me UPC is using special firmware in CAM to limit number of decoding TV channels to 1 (even the CAM technically can do 2).

I was doing another trial with MP in this area - I just setup 2 TV tuners with CAM support and I was trying to record 2 decrypted TV channels from 2 different multiplexes. The result is one TV channel was recorder whole properly, second TV channel only first 4.5 minutes. UPC claims the CAM module stops to decode 2nd channel within some limited time. It is just question, why it allows to decrypt 2nd channel so long time - 4.5 min, but it is not important anymore I think.

I was interested, how Microsoft is solving this specific issue in Windows Media Center -> there is no way to configure TV tunners like in MP, WMCE does not care about it, it just starts recording of 2 TV channels and within some time WMCE just send a message to the screen with information that 2nd channel is not possible to decrypt (the recording is ongoing -> but the recording is not correct due to the issue with decrypting).

I have to confirm PM is really best SW for media centers, I was trying plenty of them: WMCE, XBMC, JVRiver, Boxee, Freevo, LinuxMCE, NextPVR, Plex, SesamTV etc., but MP is the best.

I would like to say the latest MP1 version 1.7.0 is quite fast, stable, reliable and Titan skin is amazing! On top of this I can configure in MP almost everything (if I know how:)), even my use case, which is perfect.

So finally I set up MP according to your recommendation from previous discussion, just I set up:
    • first 3 TV tuners for free channels - no CAM (with priority against the 4th TV tuner)
    • 4th TV tuner for decrypted + free channels

MP is working perfectly now, every recording is correct, MP cares about free tuners during TV recording planning in EPG, so user does not need to care about how many TV tuners are free in specific time.

Finally I would like to thank you for your great support!

May be few ideas from me what would be usefull to add to the MP (pls let me know, if there is better place for such ideas):
    • to add configuration option to "wake up" MP (from sleep status) to the initial MP screen or to any selected submenu
    • to add Skype to the MP (or any other video calls application)
    • to add Youtube player in MP
    • to add option to tune sound card setting (like volume per channel etc.) in MP directly (by remote control)
    • to add option to tune video card setting (like contrast etc.) in MP directly (by remote control)
    • to add option to manage wifi networks in MP directly (by remote control)
    • to add option to manage TV/Radio channels in MP directly (by remote control).

Martin

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    to add configuration option to "wake up" MP (from sleep status) to the initial MP screen or to any selected submenu
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings
    make sure "Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby" is unchecked
    to add Skype to the MP (or any other video calls application)
    not sure that it is possible to integrate Skype into anything as SkypeAPI is now dead.
    to add Youtube player in MP
    check the plugin "OnlineVideos"
    to add option to tune video card setting (like contrast etc.) in MP directly (by remote control)
    contrast or brightness -these are settings of your monitor/TV, not of video card.
    to add option to manage wifi networks in MP directly (by remote control)
    what has it to do with media center software?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    make sure "Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby" is unchecked
    Thank you. Yes, I have this item unchecked -> when I press sleep button on remote, it goes sleep, when it wake up, it does not go to main screen, but it starts in the screen before it was going to sleep.

not sure that it is possible to integrate Skype into anything as SkypeAPI is now dead.
    What is the reason the SkypeAPI is dead? MS does not supported it?
    Few months ago I found this:
    http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7190651/
    http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7238404/

check the plugin "OnlineVideos"
    It looks it is not ready for Titan skin, but it looks exactly what I am looking for. Thank you.

to add option to tune video card setting (like contrast etc.) in MP directly (by remote control)
    contrast or brightness -these are settings of your monitor/TV, not of video card.
    Sure, you are right. I was wrong, I mean the option to change the resolution directly in MP by remote control (like in WMCE)

to add option to manage wifi networks in MP directly (by remote control)
    what has it to do with media center software?
    I think there are two groups of settings in HTPC SW in general:
    1. HW/SW setting, which is more less fixed - so user will set up it at the beginning and it will remains for forever - like in my situation with TV tunner & CAM setting, or directory setting for pictures, music etc. In this option user does not need to change such setting directly in MP, it can be configured in separated MP config tool as it is in MP1.
    2. Other settings, which is sometimes usefull to change directly in MP by remote control (like in single purpose STB device). Such setting could be screen resolution, audio setting, Wifi connectivity (or in general any connectivity), TV channel management (to sort out, to set up filters etc.)
    I think the Wifi setting belongs to group #2 and this is a reason, why I am proposing this.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Vasilich said: ↑

I am using RC126 remote control: http://www.cohaus-berlin.de/shop/RC...edia-Center-Remote-Control-Set-RC126::44.html
    The IR receiver is connected to the USB - i.e. eHome (USBCIR) in USB group in devices manager. It should be full compatible MCE remote control.

I think I have some issue here as the MP configuration for REMOTE does not have any impact on the remote control:
    1) even I dont select any remote control in MP Config tool - still my remote control works and I can manage MP via my remote control
    2) if I select MCE remote and I change the functionality e.g. for power button, my remote control does not follow such setting and still it keeps to go to sleep mode

In both cases above (1&2) I have in the "Additional 3rd Party Checks" disabled MCE services by policy & checked the "Autostart MP tray to launch MP with the MCE Button.

What I am doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom