TV Recording Popup after Resume since MP 1.16 (1 Viewer)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

since Upgrade to MP 1.16pre after Resuming, a Popup for each Recording ("Recording stopped of Show blabla...") occours.

I do record several (Kids-) Show each day, so after Starting/Resuming TV in the evening, I have to wait until all Message Boxes for each recording have poped up.

Any way to change this behaviour? Bug or Feature?

Greetings

BERND

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    since Upgrade to MP 1.16pre after Resuming, a Popup for each Recording...
    You emphasize the "for each" part.
    Does this mean that you expect a popup, but you only expect one containing the details for all recordings?
    ...or do you not expect popups at all?

P.S. AFAIK recording notification behaviour hasn't changed in MP 1.16.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You emphasize the "for each" part.
    Does this mean that you expect a popup, but you only expect one containing the details for all recordings?
    No! (n)
    (but could be a compromise...)

...or do you not expect popups at all?
    That's it! (y)
    I don't need an Information that several hours ago a recording has stopped. It delays the start very much and is very uncomfortable, if you have the to wait for 5-6 popups have apeared until you can start watching TV for example.

It surprises me very much, that there was no Change. Maybe it's because I made a fresh new Windows Installation and the System did Startup much slower in the past.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not exatly what I want, because while watching TV it's quite usefull to have a notification. Only a after Resuming the System it's disturbing.

But I reduced the time to 2 seconds, so it disapears a little bit faster.

Thank you!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Only a after Resuming the System it's disturbing.
    Honestly I'm surprised that you'd get any recording-stopped notifications on resume, especially for a single-seat setup.
    The only situations I can imagine it'd even be possible to receive such notifications on resume are:
    1. If you force the PC to go to sleep while recording. Surely you're not doing that!
    2. If your PC goes to sleep immediately after recording stops without giving MP time to process/finish the notifications. Maybe you're doing this? If that's the case, I suggest to try adding a short delay before it goes to sleep. The idea would be to give enough time for the notifications to expire so that they won't be seen on resume.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. If your PC goes to sleep immediately after recording stops without giving MP time to process/finish the notifications. Maybe you're doing this? If that's the case, I suggest to try adding a short delay before it goes to sleep. The idea would be to give enough time for the notifications to expire so that they won't be seen on resume.

That could be: Of course wake up / sleep is handled by PowerSchedular and after setting up the new system, I played arround with the configuration. Currently the setting is to go to sleep after 10 Minutes. So I would expect it takes 10 Minutes after a recording bevor Standby System, too.

But where is an option to delay the Standby after recording has finished?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But where is an option to delay the Standby after recording has finished?
    On the general tab in the TV Server PS plugin there's a setting that enables you to specify how long the PC will be kept awake when it becomes idle (ie. all recordings completed):
    Server Configuration - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki
    upload_2017-2-5_0-30-8.png

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom