Tv Recordings Broken Video and Audio (2 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, I had the same thought about away mode. I had to unhide the setting in win10 and then set it to disable. Unchecked the Allow Away Mode setting in powerscheduler. No change. On wakeup for recording, the system appears to be in away mode, i.e. the screen is off. Once again I have shown that the recording 'comes good' at the time that I move the mouse. I checked that both away mode settings were still disabled and they are.

As far as I know, if the PC is woken automatically (i.e. *not* by user input) then the screen is not enabled - this is a standard feature of modern Windows, and you can't disable it.

Slight tangent: does the tswriter.ax affect power state?

A little bit - see Tv Recordings Broken Video and Audio

The TsWriter.ax that is mentioned there also has internal buffering when recording, so can handle slow/sleepy disk drive access better.

A version of this TsWriter is in MP 1.21 pre-release, and will be in MP 1.21 full release.

doogle

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    RESOLVED - Turns out that anything with an Intel chip since about 2009 has what seems to be an OS subsytem called Intel Management Engine. This led me to update my BIOS and hey presto my recordings are now working without video breakup. The last Intel ME update was around April, and that's about the time I first noticed issues. Perhaps that driver update needed the BIOS update also ... Thanks for all the contributions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom